• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    A summer gun, a winter gun and a pocket rocket for those "politically correct" times where you can't carry a big gun.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    A bit earlier this summer, I bought a HK P30 for which I now carry with an extra mag.

Of course in a couple months, my G20SF will come out of the safe for rotation.

Of course I also have, lets see 1,2,3,4 others in my safe that at one time I carried. I guess I like change.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A summer gun, a winter gun and a pocket rocket for those "politically correct" times where you can't carry a big gun.

This is pretty much where I’m at right now with a 4th category of ‘Mowing the lawn on a hot and humid day gun’. That’s where the G27 lives.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Lately, I've pretty much gone back to a Glock 36 in .45 acp with 2 spare mags...
    During the 'pandemic' I actually switched and was carrying a Glock 17 most days...
    For non-belt-carry days, I have a S&W 360 J-Frame that fits quite nicely in a jacket pocket!
    I usually have a CRKT knife and a Streamlight AAA Pen light on my person somewhere as well!

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    Five in the rotation - Walther PPS / Smith Model 65 3" / Smith Model 36 / PMR30, if I think I am going to run into a zombie I strap on my Ruger Alaskan 44 mag.
    I just bought a carry rig for the PMR30 just for grins. the 22 mag is not a great self defense round but I figure 30 shots to the torso should keep them at bay.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    S&W Shield 45 2.0 with spare mag, lcrx in 357 with a couple of speed loaders in the car, shield 9mm with spare mags in a backpack, couple of Benchmades here and there. Oh and the 22WMR Life card last resort.
    380 bodyguard in a sticky holster and a spare mag in my pockets and a benchmade in my pack when out getting exercise on my bike.

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Five in the rotation - Walther PPS / Smith Model 65 3" / Smith Model 36 / PMR30, if I think I am going to run into a zombie I strap on my Ruger Alaskan 44 mag.
    I just bought a carry rig for the PMR30 just for grins. the 22 mag is not a great self defense round but I figure 30 shots to the torso should keep them at bay.

...or the ear canal

TexasRedneck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Texas - where else?<G>
    Primary - STI Elektra, with its' twin in the safe. Secondary - Sig P938 w/an Uncle Mike's #2 pocket holster. Actually have 3 of 'em - two are rotated, the third is just a spare I picked up.

Alternates......well, it depends on the occasion - I've got 30-40 that would qualify, includin' a couple of Randall LeMay's. I have some that'll never be carried or shot that are in my "collector" section. Never thought I'd say that, but when my collection grew beyond 30 or so, I realized that I COULD have some that were simply eye candy....and why not. Now with 89 of 'em, it doesn't bother me to snag something just because it's appealing to my eye.

Attachments

• Elektra.jpg
      Elektra.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 13
    • Range time.jpg
      Range time.jpg
      73.8 KB · Views: 21

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I think its the other way around Clay, at least when I was in the Army, my GI .45 was there in case my M-60 machine gun decided to SNAFU.

LT. wen you find out what dug the small hole that caused you to fall, blast it!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Summer low threat S&W shield 9mm/High threat S&W 9mm Compact 2.0

Winter/jeans DW Valor Commander .45

Once in a blue moon I carry a M19 4 inch nickel plated in a OWB like it was 1977!

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Warm/hot weather is a single stack 9mm.

Cool/cold weather is a compact .45.

I prefer the .45, but the 9mm is easier to conceal with shorts and thin t-shirt.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Those of you with dissimilar firearms in your "carry rotation"... How much training / trigger time do you actually have behind any one of those platforms?

Any training at all? No, former military training doesn't count.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Those of you with dissimilar firearms in your "carry rotation"... How much training / trigger time do you actually have behind any one of those platforms?

Any training at all? No, former military training doesn't count.
    Speaking personally, both go to the range every time I go. Before I switch, considerable time and focus is spent with the "new" carry including draw from holster and dry firing (with snap caps). While I carry in the same spot regardless of what I am carrying, the grip and draw feel is a bit different.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    3 in regular rotation.
    A nearly full size 9 with OWB.
    A 45 shield OWB. I don't really need this but it is smaller and lighter. I like this for canoeing, hiking camping. It's stainless
    A .380 IWB for shorts. Basically last minute tuck and go firearm.
    The nearly full size 9 is what I carry almost every day.

Top Bottom