• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Usual UPS stupidity, isn't always UPS stupidity.. Sometimes you have to do some digging, or just have someone in the know.

I believe looking at the scans it rode a BNSF intermodal train. Possibly two trains... I am looking at what the scans list as Facilities, those are points along the line the container would have passed a major BNSF yard where the AEI tag of the container or trailer it was in would have been scanned.

Now the stuff UPS fed you about customs, is likely the BNSF train being delayed, and arriving mid day, or missing the outbound trucks that take it down to the Plainfield distribution center. Sometimes BNSF feeds UPS (and other people) crap, just like UPS fed you crap info here.

Basically it boils down to. DELAYED TRAIN.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    2.5 years ago I had ammo “disappear” after receiving a text saying it was delivered (UPS). I challenged it and they claimed no one was home so so they left it. I was home on the day they claimed it was delivered; I was waiting for it.

All ammo now gets delivered a center for me to p/u.
    Cameras are your friend!

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    All is well. Ammo just arrived

Dinny

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2015
    Trafalgar
    A friend of mine is an ammo manufacturer. The first year he was in business UPS "lost" 16 of his packages. They were insured for actual value of less than $1000 each. His claims were each denied because he didn't have photos of his packaging and UPS claimed they were damaged and lost due to his negligence. He changed one thing and only one thing after that first year. Now he insures each box for $1000. UPS hasn't lost a box since. Anything insured for $999+ gets a chain of custody maintained. If his package remains overnight in a hub it has to be locked in a secure location and accounted for differently. For 7 years now all he's hoped for is a loss that will pay him back for ammo he replaced free of charge. Of course that hasn't happened.

Last edited:

PSOD

Probably on the toilet
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    Owen/Clay county
    Ordered two, 100 round tins of belted 50 BMG from SGammo. 66 lb box of course had the label on the outside showing this was ammo. It was supposed to be in Saturday but I get this notification this morning that it is being held In Indy for two weeks. What are the chances of this being theft? View attachment 264116
    dont you kist love how they use the "Ukraine Situation" as justification for being crappy at delivering your packages? its like once COVID was no longer a convenient excuse they just hopped on "the new thing" so they can continue delivering terrible service. That being said, i have had a similar experience when ordering 9mm during the "pandemic" i had one order mysteriously disappear.... they said it was delivered. It wasnt. They said maybe a porch pirate stole it so i responded by sending them the camera footage from my house at the supposed delivery time. No truck ever came by and no package was ever delivered. magically the next day they found my package and it was delivered the following day. Some scumbag in their warehouse definitely pulled it aside and was planning on keeping it.

PSOD

Probably on the toilet
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    Owen/Clay county
    A friend of mine is an ammo manufacturer. The first year he was in business UPS "lost" 16 of his packages. They were insured for actual value of less than $1000 each. His claims were each denied because he didn't have photos of his packaging and UPS claimed they were damaged and lost due to his negligence. He changed one thing and only one thing after that first year. Now he insures each box for $1000. UPS hasn't lost a box since. Anything insured for $999+ gets a chain of custody maintained. If his package remains overnight in a hub it has to be locked in a secure location and accounted for differently. For 7 years now all he's hoped for is a loss that will pay him back for ammo he replaced free of charge. Of course that hasn't happened.
    its all a joke now. im not even surprised. what is this world coming to

Notmyjk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2023
    Franklin
    I ordered 3 -150 round tins of loose 50 BMG and those shipped to me in just a few days with no issues. No idea what the deal was with the first shipment.

Morgan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Illinois
    I had a Marlin 1894 mailed to me by mistake instead of my FFL dealer. UPS called and said hey we had a gun fall out of this box addressed to you.

I was really thinking this is gonna be a huge deal. I asked them what we should do about they said just meet the driver and sign for it. I was really thinking the atf would pop out of the box.

Top Bottom