• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notmyjk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2023
    Franklin
    If this is a fact and the shipment arrived to Indianapolis inbond, it may indeed need a customs clearance prior to moving domestically. If the value of this shipment exceeds 2500.00 USD, then you may need the services of a customshouse broker.
    $650 so not that much.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Their domestic and international departments do not always communicate effectively. I would call them and be prepared to get a run around while being on eternal hold.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Well that proves it's not a "customs" issue. It originated in the U.S., and has remained in the U.S..
    Fully agree with this. Another possible snag is perhaps the hazmat labelling was not properly applied.
    Hazmat Label Classifications
    Class 1 – Explosives – 172.411 – These will include items such as fireworks, ammunition and ignitors as they are materials designed to explode under the proper conditions

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not near this scale, but I've had trouble more than once with UPS staff deciding that they had worked on my delivery hard enough. I would get the delivery whenever they got around to it. :xmad:

Never forget a few years back, chatting with the UPS driver. I told him I had tracked my Saturday holiday season delivery to a block away, then it just stopped. Didn't get the delivery until Monday.

Driver said the quiet part out loud. "Yeah, we don't care much for working Saturdays."

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Fully agree with this. Another possible snag is perhaps the hazmat labelling was not properly applied.
    Hazmat Label Classifications
    Class 1 – Explosives – 172.411 – These will include items such as fireworks, ammunition and ignitors as they are materials designed to explode under the proper conditions
    With as much ammo as SGAmmo ships, I'd be skeptical that this was the issue. Sounds like UPS has screwed up somehow.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I think it's something with tracking service lately. I have received odd service from all carriers so far this year. Various Amazon USPS packages being "returned to sender" randomly or various errors like "incomplete address", UPS packages being delivered early but correct tracking info never even updates (still shows in transit), FedEx showing up in personal vehicles and plain clothes leaving a neighbor's *signature* package at my doorstep... Often i'll get an alert about an error/issue and then it's delivered within next few days like there was no problem.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Nothingburger.

It just arrived too late to get on the Sat truck, or there wasn't room for it.
    It'll be arriving on Monday, the next delivery day.

Relax Francis.

Notmyjk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2023
    Franklin
    Interesting. I was going through the UPS rules for shipping ammunition. I found that it can have a maximum of 66 lbs and that is what my package is listed as. Screenshot_20230320-222727.png

Bstarkey_46947

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2021
    Indiana
    Was the shipping by chance 'free'? Free shipping is usually slow delivering. I've had items sit at UPS in Indy for 3 days before with 'free' shipping.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Was the shipping by chance 'free'? Free shipping is usually slow delivering. I've had items sit at UPS in Indy for 3 days before with 'free' shipping.
    But that doesnt seem to make much sense. UPS didnt provide free service so there is no motivation for them to skip over that package over other packages. The shipper just didnt pass the cost onto you and ate it. They still paid UPS for the shipping. And I cant think of how UPS would know whether the shipper passed the cost through or not.

Now I COULD see somebody being lazy and not wanting to move that heavy box.

Top Bottom