• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    So let's just take a look at some of the stories floating around. We have the Associated Press and some othe main stream media outlets planting stories about dissention and financial problems in the NRA. These media outlets have never been friends of the Second Amendment.

If you were on the other side, what do you think would be the best way to tear 2A supporters apart and reduce their influence on politics? Beat them with facts (which cannot be done) or try to make them fight each other?

Be very suspicious of those who have a long history of opposing you........

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    So let's just take a look at some of the stories floating around. We have the Associated Press and some othe main stream media outlets planting stories about dissention and financial problems in the NRA. These media outlets have never been friends of the Second Amendment.

If you were on the other side, what do you think would be the best way to tear 2A supporters apart and reduce their influence on politics? Beat them with facts (which cannot be done) or try to make them fight each other?

Exactly! Now more than ever, we need to show support and our ability to unite. IF the bickering that is going on between members (of NRA) is an example of how we would come together in a real battle, I'd be a bit concerned.

Do not give anyone the power to divide.....weaken.....and conquer. We know what the opposition is capable of and we are much stronger and better than that!

Unite! WE are the NRA!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I AM the NRA! I will not falter.

Not a chance....... Chance.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Honestly, I'm pretty tired of this extortion game the NRA plays to justify their bad behavior. They are not indispensable. The strength of gun rights is in the people of this country who own guns, not the NRA. Keep hiring criminals, cozying up to Russian nationals, paying exorbitant salaries, and negotiating away rights, and you deserve to fade away. The fight for gun rights does not begin and end with the NRA.

The NRA has been a ****ing embarrassment to the cause for years, and they need to clean house if they expect to have any prayer of holding on. Wayne needs to go.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Honestly, I'm pretty tired of this extortion game the NRA plays to justify their bad behavior. They are not indispensable. The strength of gun rights is in the people of this country who own guns, not the NRA. Keep hiring criminals, cozying up to Russian nationals, paying exorbitant salaries, and negotiating away rights, and you deserve to fade away. The fight for gun rights does not begin and end with the NRA.

The NRA has been a ****ing embarrassment to the cause for years, and they need to clean house if they expect to have any prayer of holding on. Wayne needs to go.

This is exactly my take on them, although I wish it were not the case. I don't know if you can go deep enough to cut out their cancer at this point, it's a lot more complicated than just replacing Wayne.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I've been a member for about 35 years, with a brief hiatus in the 90's while they were going through their Jack Booted Thugs stage. I'm due for renewal but will wait to see how this plays out. I wouldn't even have considered renewing with a convicted felon who gave guns and money to Central American terrorists at the helm. I'm glad that seems to be coming to an end. I don't need to agree with a group 100% to be a member, but there are limits. It's time for a house cleaning.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana

:rockwoot::yesway::patriot::+1::bowdown::thumbsup::cheers::chest:

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    The only reason I signed back up to the NRA was to attend the convention. I support GOA which doesn't negotiate my rights away. I did find it interesting that they said in one article that they are trying to get back to just gun safety and hunting and get away from fighting for our 2nd which is what it has looked like they were doing IMO.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    For those who may remember, this has happened before....in the 60's; regardless, I think it is foolish for anyone not to support the NRA; especially now. The spotlight is on them, the magnifying glass is dead on, the liberal media is targeting in on them and here y'all are, turning your back on them when they have fought for yours in the past. Embarrassing to be quite honest. The NRA is only as good as its members. Our government is only as good as its citizens. IOW, you do not stop supporting the government when things go bad, instead you make it better. The same applies to the NRA. The reason our government is struggling is because people allowed it to happen. The NRA will fall only if you allow it.

The self righteous attitudes will not make things better. Turning your back on something when it gets tough speaks loud and clear how one will react when things get really tough.

Who can depend on you when things get tough.....who will defend you when you stumble?

INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    I suplort the NRA in that I support efforts to reform the organization to focus on actually lobbying for and expanding gun rights rather than negotiating them away and wasting money on talking heads, a talk show network no one watches, and political content that has nothing to do with 2A issues.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am the NRA and I will help change and make it better. How? I dont just ***** on the internet and not also act. I put my money where my mouth is on politics, writing and calling my elected officials and donating, and also researching who I'm voting for.
    NRA, i didnt like what they were doing by compromising on bumpstocks and background checks and red flag laws and so I became a life member. I also became a GOA life member and donated to help theor lawsuit against the bumpstock ban. I dont even own one and never have.
    At the NRA show, I upgraded to now being a Patron Life Member. I also Voted today.
    I will also keep up on following everything the NRA does week by week. Im going to ensure they are going to change.
    I took real action.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    For those who may remember, this has happened before....in the 60's; regardless, I think it is foolish for anyone not to support the NRA; especially now. The spotlight is on them, the magnifying glass is dead on, the liberal media is targeting in on them and here y'all are, turning your back on them when they have fought for yours in the past. Embarrassing to be quite honest. The NRA is only as good as its members. Our government is only as good as its citizens. IOW, you do not stop supporting the government when things go bad, instead you make it better. The same applies to the NRA. The reason our government is struggling is because people allowed it to happen. The NRA will fall only if you allow it.

The self righteous attitudes will not make things better. Turning your back on something when it gets tough speaks loud and clear how one will react when things get really tough.

Who can depend on you when things get tough.....who will defend you when you stumble?

Dude, I'm 30 years old. I have no living memory of this supposed NRA golden age. I don't care what they did in the past, I care what they're doing now, and how badly they're doing it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Talking about how to defeat the NRA. Got this email, as well as others detailing the end of the NRA soon to come.

NRA Email said:
    Member,
    I need your help and I need it TODAY.
    The fact is, your NRA is now facing an attack that's unprecedented not just in the history of the NRA, but in the entire history of our country.
    And if this attack succeeds, NRA will be forced to shut down forever.

As you well know, gun haters have tried for decades to destroy your gun rights at the ballot box, in the courts, in the state legislatures and in Congress. But time and time again, they've fallen short – because the NRA and our members like you have always stood in their way.
    But now, gun-hating New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has unveiled a nuclear option to – in his own words – "put the NRA out of business."

Cuomo has sent a clear and chilling message to every bank and insurance company in the United States that they'd better think twice before doing business with the NRA.
    And he's backing up his words with a clear threat to every major financial institution in America: That those who refuse to sever ties with NRA will find themselves in the crosshairs of New York government agents – to be harassed, hassled and persecuted into submission.
    With a $168 billion state budget, Cuomo knows that his army of New York state regulators can make life miserable for virtually any financial institution anywhere in the country.
    And he knows that, without a bank account, NRA can't continue to operate. We can't write checks. We can't accept membership dues or contributions. And we can't pay our employees or even our electric bill.
    And let me be clear. Cuomo's tactics are already working.
    One by one, more and more banks and insurance companies across the country are knuckling under to Cuomo's threat – and telling NRA they won't do business with us – because they don't want to be targeted and crushed by Cuomo's strong-arm tactics and the vast power of thousands of New York bureaucrats.
    And very soon, unless we can force Cuomo to break off this attack, NRA will have no choice but to cease operations after 147 years of fighting for freedom.

To halt Governor Cuomo's blacklist and blackmail tactics, we've filed suit in U.S. District Court – National Rifle Association v. Andrew Cuomo – asking the court to immediately and permanently shut down Cuomo's campaign to destroy the NRA.
    There's no question in my mind that this is the most important First Amendment legal case of our lifetimes – to decide whether government officials in America have the right to silence and shut down organizations that have opposing political views.
    And given the fact that the very existence of your NRA is at stake, it's by far the most important Second Amendment case in the history of the United States of America. Because without the NRA, no one in this country will be allowed to keep their guns except government officials and criminals.
    The minute the NRA is wiped off the political map – and closes its doors for the last time – our nation's first and last line of defense for the Second Amendment will be gone forever.

Our legislative offices just steps from the U.S. Capitol will be shut down – and your voice will fall completely silent on Capitol Hill.
    Pro-Second Amendment candidates won't stand a chance at election time against Michael Bloomberg's billions and the unchecked power of the gun-hating media – and a full anti-gun takeover of Congress and the White House will be virtually guaranteed.
    Shooting ranges and hunting clubs across the country that depend on NRA for their insurance needs will be shuttered and sold.
    Mom and pop gun stores across the country will see their bank accounts closed and have no choice but to go out of business – as Governor Cuomo rolls out his blackmail tactics to every corner of America's hunting and shooting industry.
    This is not a drill. This is the very definition of government tyranny, and exactly what our Founding Fathers warned against.

That's why I'm counting on you to make an immediate contribution of $27, $52, $100, $250, or even $500 or more today.
    Let's not allow Governor Cuomo to destroy this time-honored organization that's done so much for freedom's cause. Let's not allow Governor Cuomo to destroy our right to peaceably join together under the NRA banner to fight for the Constitutional rights we cherish.
    If we win this battle, we can score the biggest legal victory in history for the NRA, for the First Amendment, for the Second Amendment, and for every freedom we cherish.
    But if we lose, the NRA will be out of business, law-abiding gun owners across this nation will be disarmed, and American freedom as we know it will be gone.
    Your contribution today of $27, $52, $100, or even more can and will help make the difference. Please let me hear from you today.
    Sincerely,Wayne LaPierre
    Executive Vice President
    mail

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Dude, I'm 30 years old. I have no living memory of this supposed NRA golden age. I don't care what they did in the past, I care what they're doing now, and how badly they're doing it.

Hey Dude....learn a bit of manners.

So, in your way of thinking, history has no impact on how our country is today? How the efforts of past generations sacrificed to save your back allows you to call people "dude" without fear of backlash. Because one has "no living memory" of something, it becomes insignificant.

I feel badly for those who may ever depend on such a manner of thinking.

Last edited:

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Sacrificed is a strange word in this context. The NRA never sacrificed anything for me.

If they get their act together I'll continue to support them. If not, there are other 2nd amendment organizations. I won't allow anyone to squander my money with no accountability.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Sacrificed is a strange word in this context. The NRA never sacrificed anything for me.

If they get their act together I'll continue to support them. If not, there are other 2nd amendment organizations. I won't allow anyone to squander my money with no accountability.

I am speaking of this country, and the people who sacrificed their lives and blood to allow freedoms in this country. It was an example I used. I did not mention the NRA in that post.

May I ask, how does "getting their act together" specifically look like?

Top Bottom