Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    thats why they make this model.

Knifeless Rebar 15-in-1 Multi-Tool | Leatherman

I bet that rent a cop feels like a badass now. :rolleyes:
    That saw definitely couldn't do any damage when compared to a knife.
    There is some language in the law (I haven't looked it up) that says if the hospital has secure 24x7 area where prisoners or people under arrest are treated, then some area of the hospital is a Free Kill Zone, uh, I mean Gun Free Zone.

All else is just hospital policy. St.Vincent 86th Street has No Weapons signs at the entrances, but no secure area so it's against their policy to carry but not illegal.

fyi.
    Is the whole hospital prohibited, or just those secure areas? Is there a list somewhere that shows which hospitals it is prohibited in?

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I saw the thread title and felt the need to post.

On Tue. Of this week I completed my first month of p t at a small town hosp. They have the signs, due to info on this site I never recognize them.

On my initial visit I was subjected to an unexpected physical assessment that required my laying face down on an exam table while being manipulated by a therapist. Knowing of the policy I stuck my LCP in my back pocket. Guy is doing his stuff, gun rides out and to a knowledgeable person is recognized, guy says “you have something in your back pocket” I reach back and push it down. I say it is my wallet. He continues till finishing. Then proceeds to the Q and A portion of the exam. While talking I learn he is a short timer retiring this month and recently moved here from Arizona, nothing more has been said about my gun, noncompliance with policy, or anything else. There are folks out there that just get it. Depends on the human.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I have to agree with the post above. I work in a Beacon Health System hospital. Larger Beacon properties have an armed security system; smaller properties rely on the local constabulary. Beacon has a NO WEAPONS policy (NWP). I've had people walk into my workplace both OC'ing, and CC'ing poorly. I am not afraid of guns; I am afraid of people. A belligerent spithead withOUT a gun scares me way more than a calm, respectable person who happens to be carrying a gun. I've encountered 3 armed citizens in the hospital in my 3 years there. I calmly and respectfully reminded them of Beacon's NWP. Two of them offered to take their guns out to the car, the other asked if that is what I wanted. I informed all 3 that we would just continue with the care they came in for. No problem, no hassle.

The following is NOT legal advice; it is my interpretation of the citation below.
    Indiana law does not support any business' NWP. If you have, or are suspected of having, a weapon on any business' private property, and they don't like that, they are within their rights to ask you to leave. If you opt not to leave at their request, you may be arrested for trespassing.

I was happy to find out that my employer cannot ask me about guns and/or ammo, nor can they terminate me for having the same in my car on business property. But, that is another can of worms.

Top Bottom