• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Got an email from the above shop as I do almost daily nothing odd about that. It was what was inside the email that grabbed my attention.
    They were selling a new Sig P365 for the unbelievable price of $949.99. You read that right $949.99, I couldn't believe my eyes. I've dealt with this shop in the past and while I sometimes thought they were a bit on the high end of pricing I'd never seen anything like this.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    15 hours later their website still shows $950 for a plain jane p365.

I don't know anything about Hoosier Armory but if this isn't a mistake I'd be very surprised... Quick gun.deals search pops this up. P365 in stock for $535 before shipping/transfer. Same exact UPC and SKU numbers on both Hoosier Armory's and Castle Arms' websites. Over $400 difference?? Must be a mistake...

And if it's not a mistake, Hoosier Armory's website FAQ says they'll price match if you send them the info of a competitor's in-stock item. Wonder if they'd honor a $400+ price cut to match lol

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    They must be on Ingo and heard the chatter about this.

I was wondering that too. The updated price is much much much closer to current market value. Not an outlandish price at all when compared to other listings i could find. The $535 castle arms link I posted is truly a DEAL compared to everything else that's in stock on gun.deals and ammoseek (popular online gun/ammo search engines). 535 is an outlier and 950 was an outlier, 700 seems to be reasonably middle of the road.

but I will say that as a P365 owner I wouldn't pay 700 for one unless I was really desperate.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I haven't been into Hoosier Armory in six months or so, but it's a decent shop run by friendly and helpful folks. I won't disparage or write them off based on this one thing.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I haven't been into Hoosier Armory in six months or so, but it's a decent shop run by friendly and helpful folks. I won't disparage or write them off based on this one thing.

For sure, the price update is pretty reasonable. I can only find one online listing priced lower and not by much.

What I do consider disparagement-worthy...

I boycott one gun shop not too far from me for a reason that had nothing to do with price: they were very insistent that I put my social security number on the 4473 form for an FFL transfer even though it very clearly says the SSN is "optional". I said that I would prefer not to, since it's optional. They remained insistent, saying that because my name is "unique" (their words) I should just put down my SS because it would make the background check faster and less chance of getting me confused with someone else (???).

Well, the shop was empty, not anywhere near closing time, and I was not in a rush. I said I'd still rather not put my SSN down, I can wait if the background check is delayed, no problem. Judging by her facial expressions and tone of voice, the lady behind the counter didn't like it but reluctantly went ahead with the background check.

Lo and behold: took all of 10 minutes on the phone, in fact faster than my usual 4473 wait, before I was cleared.

So why the f did she want my social so badly?... Super super weird to me. this happened less than three years ago. Pretty sure the lady is the co-owner of the place judging by the shop's facebook posts, which makes it all the weirder.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    For sure, the price update is pretty reasonable. I can only find one online listing priced lower and not by much.

What I do consider disparagement-worthy...

I boycott one gun shop not too far from me for a reason that had nothing to do with price: they were very insistent that I put my social security number on the 4473 form for an FFL transfer even though it very clearly says the SSN is "optional". I said that I would prefer not to, since it's optional. They remained insistent, saying that because my name is "unique" (their words) I should just put down my SS because it would make the background check faster and less chance of getting me confused with someone else (???).

Well, the shop was empty, not anywhere near closing time, and I was not in a rush. I said I'd still rather not put my SSN down, I can wait if the background check is delayed, no problem. Judging by her facial expressions and tone of voice, the lady behind the counter didn't like it but reluctantly went ahead with the background check.

Lo and behold: took all of 10 minutes on the phone, in fact faster than my usual 4473 wait, before I was cleared.

So why the f did she want my social so badly?... Super super weird to me. this happened less than three years ago. Pretty sure the lady is the co-owner of the place judging by the shop's facebook posts, which makes it all the weirder.

Yeah, that's dumb. I probably wouldn't go back after that either.

I have a very unique name, as in, I am the only person alive with it. I don't ever use my SS#. The more unique your name, the less likely you are to be delayed. Now if you name is John Smith or Mike Jones, that's a different story.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Yeah, that's dumb. I probably wouldn't go back after that either.

I have a very unique name, as in, I am the only person alive with it. I don't ever use my SS#. The more unique your name, the less likely you are to be delayed. Now if you name is John Smith or Mike Jones, that's a different story.

That's what I was thinking too... just a strange experience. Even if my name was Mike Jones, on that day and for that gun I still would've withheld my info and gladly waited for any delay, even the 3 day limit (I get your point though).

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Just a quick Note on the SS#
    I know of a person who has 14 people on their food stamp assistance card..
    Currently one person lives in that house..
    When He reported it they did nothing about it..
    My ole Buddy Ex Chief of Police told me there's no statute of limitation on that type of crime but they will not go check & see?
    That's just one thing that they can do with it.. Name SS# & Birth Date = $200 month on the card Per Person..

Makes you wonder if the owner of that gun store was Hungry??

That's Robbing the system that us tax payers pay into every week..

courier6

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Indiana
    The staff has always been friendly to me at Hoosier Armory, however they are not the cheapest deals in town.

Last year right after covid started they put out an SP5 at 2,399 while I was in the store.I commented to the owner that it was a good price. They promptly pulled the gun and marked it up 600$ and set it back out.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I live about 90 minutes from the shop. They had something in stock a few years ago that I couldn’t find local. They made me a fair price to drive and the employees at the store were good to chat with.

Granted this was pre covid but my experience was positive.

Top Bottom