• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Dude - that's top notch quality; it looks beautiful. Nice job blending style, I'm sure that has a very high "WAF" ( wife acceptability factor ).

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Dude - that's top notch quality; it looks beautiful. Nice job blending style, I'm sure that has a very high "WAF" ( wife acceptability factor ).
    ^^^^ True story. She actually had him put it in one of the family rooms. That's how much she likes it!

All PM's were answered. Thanks for the messages guys!

theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    He rocks, and so do you for showing us!
    Thats Nice I mean nice.
    Gun safes are so noticable, If he could fire proof it, it would be PERFECT!

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    I went to a friend's house this evening and he had a new piece of furniture in his home. He had been working on it in his wood-shop for a while and it was finished. I figured I'd post it up for the guys/gals of INGO to have a look at, as I think it's pretty cool.

He made it to look like a dresser almost, only larger, and thickened up the sides so that it is heavy and secure. The drawers are made out of black walnut and lined with velour. Each drawer has it's own lock to secure it as well.

I think it looks amazing, and he made it himself, which is also cool. The thing is HEAVY too. He had me try and lift an end, and there was no way. (I'm not the world's strongest, but I can usually help move furniture)

Anyway, I took some pictures to share because I think it's awesome. Have a look!!

2wpl8wl.jpg

The top drawers were made for handguns, and ammunition...
    vhu8ax.jpg

middle drawer for rifles...
    25s06qh.jpg

lower drawer for rifles with scopes... (it's 3 1/2" deeper)
    30monj7.jpg

The corners are finished with wood insets.
    2ahh7jl.jpg

I took this to show the hardware
    30axv1z.jpg

That is one of the most beautiful things I have seen. You have some real wood working talent! Heck, I'd say you could make a living at that!

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I showed my wife the op cabinet and she agreed we needed one until she saw it was a gun cabinet. Beautiful.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I showed my wife the op cabinet and she agreed we needed one until she saw it was a gun cabinet. Beautiful.

I go shoot with my friend who made it all the time.

Since this got revived, if anyone wants anything made (he makes all sorts of stuff, not just gun cabinets) let me know and I can get him a message.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I missed this originally, but that thing is awesome. I too, am a woodworker and completely love this idea. I would love to have this in addition to my current safe as it's busting at the seams. By the way, I know he offered to do more for others but I missed any potential pricing. I saw your post that it can be changed, but what's a ballpark? For example, how much for an identical piece?

Great job!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I missed this originally, but that thing is awesome. I too, am a woodworker and completely love this idea. I would love to have this in addition to my current safe as it's busting at the seams. By the way, I know he offered to do more for others but I missed any potential pricing. I saw your post that it can be changed, but what's a ballpark? For example, how much for an identical piece?

Great job!

He told me a few months ago, and I replied to a few PMs but I have since forgot what he said. I can ask him again the next time I talk to him.

I remember the price of his was a little higher because he spent extra on the black walnut. I'm sorry I don't remember.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    That is awesome, no way the wife would let that slide, but it's a great looking piece! I'd be very interested in something like this for the tough guy room as soon as I get a basement! If anyone gets a price I'd be curious to find out what he charges for something like this!

Top Bottom