• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisk604

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Rensselaer
    I like it. Looks plenty thick also. I would suggest shooting rifles at a target under the one in the pic. In a years time I blew out 6 feet worth of dirt from shooting the same spot.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Looks really good. I would be thinking about how to stave off erosion.
    I agree with the erosion control comment. I would just hand seed some fescue and just accept that you will have to spend some time with the weed eater to keep it looking good.

Also, I like the portable targets. I have been to too many ranges with fixed target stands. While they are secure they make servicing the backstop difficult as well as focus the wear in the same part of the berm.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    So I built a home range.. bulldozer came in November 5 th ish .. is 10’. Berms enough? What say you Ingo? Please be nice. picture is rough range not finished.. View attachment 127210
    Looks good to me. Actually looks similar to mine. I seeded mine and used straw blankets with a pasture mix. Mow what I can and weed eat the rest. Only about once a month give or take.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Here at Riley Conservation Club, some berms are all sand, but we have a surface coat of fill sand on all of our older dirt berms. Sand is about 6 inches thick. We put railroad ties at the bottom to catch eroding sand, shovel sand as needed once a year. The sand SWALLOWS bullets and retards weed growth. A little spraying every 6 weeks will keep out the weeds. We have 12 berms that are virtually maintenance free.

Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes. I added furnace slag (like gravel but cheaper) to my home range. Don’t have to mow it and keep weeds more under control. Also makes it nice to use on wet or rainy days.

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    I got lucky and had enough dirt for 10' berms... picture is one of the first.. The range is actually 32' x 75' with 6 inches of crushed limestone... i can move back to about 100 yards if need be but its mainly a pistol range ... I have steal targets to put up and paint this spring. Drainage was natural down hill so so far this winter no erosion or drain issues. I anticipate plenty of room for movement drills of various kinds. Thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom