• ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Another vote for the Maverick 88. I have a friend that last year picked an 8+1 Mav 88 for $300 at the Valpo show. Stay away from shotguns with ONLY a pistol grip unless you KNOW what you are doing. Another option that is more exotic but a little more expensive would be a Kel-tec KSG, as it is a bullpup with a pistol grip, 18" barrel in a 26" overall length, and two tubular magazines holding 7 2-3/4" shells each.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Maverick is on sale at kygunco. without training or hunting with a pump a lot, definitely not my pick for home defense. :twocents:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    So, I guess this would be out of the question? Yah or nah?

Winchester SXP Defender 12 GA. 18" Pump Action Shotgun
    They're still decent. They are not US made and they're kind of cheapened up over the 1300/1200, kind of like Mossberg did the 88 over the 500.

I will say I've never seen one of those add on front sights hold up to long-term shooting. That said most people don't do a lot of shooting with that style shotgun.

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    The suggestion BBL gave in post #9 to go see Rick is the best suggestion so far.
    I just looked it up on Apple Maps and it says Falls City Firearms is permanently closed!

Now that I think about it, I tried to go by there to check it out a couple weeks ago on a Saturday and it was closed. It was like 30 minutes before the business hours said they closed so I just thought maybe they closed early or something. Idk

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I just looked it up on Apple Maps and it says Falls City Firearms is permanently closed!

Now that I think about it, I tried to go by there to check it out a couple weeks ago on a Saturday and it was closed. It was like 30 minutes before the business hours said they closed so I just thought maybe they closed early or something. Idk
    Oh that's a shame. He had mentioned having to close a few years ago, but as far as I knew he had managed to stay open. Always heard good things.

MommaBean18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2023
    Sunny Side of Louisville
    I trained with a Mossberg 590A1 back many years ago it even had a bayonet lug. It ran very well. 00 buck hundreds of rounds.
    I never seen the need of a shotgun until recently. So now I'm interested in one.
    I can't believe how much they are nowadays.
    I never seen the need for it until recently either. God forbid, hopefully I will never need to use it. But I keep hearing, “everyone knows that sound”! So if someone decides to invade my home, hopefully that sound will send them running. Between that and the ballistics of it all, it just makes sense. Instead of just relying on my handguns. I believe the minimum everyone should have is a couple handguns and a shotgun! :patriot:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I never seen the need for it until recently either. God forbid, hopefully I will never need to use it. But I keep hearing, “everyone knows that sound”! So if someone decides to invade my home, hopefully that sound will send them running. Between that and the ballistics of it all, it just makes sense. Instead of just relying on my handguns. I believe the minimum everyone should have is a couple handguns and a shotgun! :patriot:
    PM inbound.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The next thing I am on the lookout for to add to my collection is a shotgun for home defense. Probably leaning towards a pump action with a pistol grip 20 gauge. Maybe a 12. And it would have to be on the inexpensive side. Really inexpensive. I am not experienced with shotguns but have been doing some research. Also, I’m not a big person so would need to be manageable.

I can’t believe I just missed the giveaway!!

Any suggestions for a good quality inexpensive shotgun?? Thanks
    The President of the United States says all you need is a double barrel shotgun capable of firing two warning shots.

Top Bottom