• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Arlo Ultra 4k is a good system but it is more expensive. The main thing I like about the 4k is that it actually provides useful info. The 4k allows you to read a license plate or identify a person's face. The other systems are good if you just want to know "someone" was there or there was "a vehicle" on the property.
    Please excuse my ignorance. Does the Arlo system require one to have something like a SimpliSafe system too?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    The current simply safe indoor camera is ok. Our house is dark and i have the infrared off on the camera so unless light is on it is almost useless. Most likely would be better with infrared on.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Please excuse my ignorance. Does the Arlo system require one to have something like a SimpliSafe system too?

No excuse required. =)

The Arlo is a stand alone system with it's own hardware and it's own monitoring. Arlo and SimpliSafe are 2 separate manufacturers offering similar services.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Thanks everyone!!! Lots of good info. I was surprised at the love for SimpliSafe so that's what I'm going to concentrate on!

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've heard plenty of great reviews on Simplisafe. Had it been around when I installed my system, I'd have went with it.

For cameras, check out the "Wyze Cam Pan". Great quality for the price, they'll detect motion and upload to the cloud while offering 24/7 recording to a microSD card.

Top Bottom