• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I think the current firearms and ammo market is just about like the housing market, before it crashed back in 2008. Interest is waning on all fronts, and money is starting to stay in pockets.

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I have tried to sell a few guns awhile ago, but got little interest - Yes, one was an AR. All I am interested in is trading for now....my wife is becomes very hostile when I mention buying another firerm.

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    This is actually the time to be buying, not selling.

Yes, but convince my wife of this fact. I am saving for a Fulton Armory m14, which is going to cost me nearly $3000. I hope to have it by the end of the year. I once owned a custom M14 and sold it, like a jack@ss. I miss it so badly.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    This is actually the time to be buying, not selling.

Market is definitely very soft. Lots of deals out there.

Remember last summer when you could not find a BCG ANYWHERE. It seems like the MFG's have geared up so much to sell into the market that the market can't absorb anymore.

Guy told me about a 18" Bushmaster deal at RK with a $150 rebate.

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    The market is flooded with AR's but the prices haven't come down, everyone is still trying to get feeding frenzy prices.
    I think it's going to tank soon, let's hope ammo drops!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The market is flooded with AR's but the prices haven't come down, everyone is still trying to get feeding frenzy prices.
    I think it's going to tank soon, let's hope ammo drops!

Prices can only go so low before people, and companies, loose money. With people, that's the nature of used guns, you buy new, generally you sell and loose money. Same goes with a lot of things. A store can buy a new gun and only lower the price so low before they loose money, in that case, stores go under, and I bet manufacturers still wouldn't lower prices.

Gas used to be .25 cents a gallon, milk used to be the same, eggs.....the list goes on. Cost of labor goes up (made in Merica talk), cost of materials go up, insurance, overhead, etc. Nature of making a consumable good.

Personally speaking, if you have the cash to spare, I think right now is a pretty good time to buy stuff.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I agree nows the time to buy but not from people who want retail or a little less for their AR'ss and accessories. When I look to buy a used AR and I'm factoring my "offer" I immediately cut all accessories in half value from the lowest price I can find it for online. The gun gets at least a 25% reduction too for being used.. Why should I buy for retail price (even if it's minus shipping) for a used gun or part? It's ludicrous.
    I'm not saying it's not worth a shot to get as much as you can for an item but be realistic.
    Right now we are seeing "quick sales" from people who spent tax money they shouldn't have and now have bills that cought up with them. This is always the best time of year to buy and I look forward to it every year.
    AK's are still just stUpid high! Stupid! People are asking higher than current retail for their guns. And remember DONT PAY RETAIL FOR USED GUNS!!! Even if it's never been shot it's a used gun.

And if you think I'm a cheap ass, take a gun to a gun store an try to sell it. My offer will look like a gift.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Best time to buy new guns is after Christmas and the best time for accessories is right before Christmas haha.

NorthLiberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    The rest of us are spending otherwise gun money on bizarre utlility bills as big as a car payment, $4 gas, and $8 pound lunch meat

Top Bottom