• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I'm really not sure what the draw is to the rifles and shotguns listed in this thread?
    Is it people in ban states that want some form of self defense, and they have waited until it's almost to late?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Years ago ( about 6) I saw one at a LGS, was reasonably priced, wish I'd bought it, interesting rifle..Kind of like the pump action AK's years ago..

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm really not sure what the draw is to the rifles and shotguns listed in this thread?
    Is it people in ban states that want some form of self defense, and they have waited until it's almost to late?

...but no one told them about lever guns.

If I was painted into that corner, I'd 100% rather have a lever gun than a pump .223.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    No, but they're faster than a lever gun.

I can believe that. I'm just looking it as I'd rather have a bush round than a 5.56 if I was that speed and capacity limited.

If I were in a ban state, the argument for a big pistol caliber lever/revolver setup starts making a lot of sense. Kinda makes sense to me here in not a ban state. :) Stuff like that I keep pushing off in case the day comes that we are a ban state.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think these were mainly marketed towards police departments. I ran across one several years ago while on vacation. I've always regretted not buying it. Yours is the 1st one I've seen since.
    Yes, they were. More specifically they were marketed to departments concerned with bad optics of appearing too militarized. At this point I don't think the police give a damn about appearing overmilitarized

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have “heard” of issues with spitzer bullets setting off the primer of the next round in levergun tube mags, but would think it would have been addressed somehow with this model. It may also be one of those anecdotal nonissues that just keeps getting repeated.
    The French were the first to discover this on any significant scale when Spitzer bullets were introduced to their tube fed Lebel rifles. The tried to solve the problem by using brass with a ring on the base to inhibit tip to primer contact with mixed results. This and the difficulty of loading a tube mag on horseback were drivers for the development of the Berthier.

Top Bottom