• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bd1024

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indy
    I recently acquired a Ruger Super Redhawk , 9.5" barrel. 44 mag caliber, with scope. -- Intend to deer hunt with it, and use for shots at 50 yds. or so. -- Use 44 mag rifle for longer shots. Would appreciate some feedback on a comfortable way to carry this thing in the woods, (will have rifle/ghostblind in hands)--- Hoping someone familiar with one of these pachyderms can give me some insight on what works for you. --- Thanks! bd1024

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I hear ya! I'm trying to find one for my 6 1/2" blackhawk, most are for 6" or less. I have seen some Blackhawk nylon holsters for your length but I don't think they're stiff enough for a heavy revolver like ours. Maybe one that straps to your thigh. I think I am going to contact El Paso saddlery and see what they can set me up with leather wise. :twocents:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I've been looking for one for a 9.5" SRH for a while too... nothing... especially scoped.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I could probably work up some kind of kydex rig for any of these mentioned. I would probably go with a drop leg holster. It would be similar to this but I would have to work the scope in some how. But I think I could probably do it.
    9fc68315.jpg

Sitting down
    249cf2ab.jpg

Top Bottom