• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    OWB / IWB

I have a G23 and want an Outside / Inside Waste Band Holster. What are my options? Dual Purpose (one holster that can either be used Outside or Inside).

Jack of all trades, master of none... I would suggest getting two dedicated rigs instead.

That said, now the real questions start... leather or kydex? Retention device or no? What's your budget?

I prefer kydex holsters, and if you absolutely MUST have a two-for-one design, I suggest the Raven Phantom:
    The Malabar Front

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have to follow along with the idea of two. A good OWB, will be a bad IWB and vice versa. I went with an MTAC, due to the recommendations and actually seeing the one Lars uses at the 1500. This is the way to go for IWB. Great holster. I will also use this if I feel like "open" carry, even though only the grip and back of slide will be visible.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    For open carry I use either a FLETCH type holster, or a yaqui Belt holster. The most important thing about holster selection and often over looked is that of the belt. A good quality belt will even make a crappy holster usable.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think I'm going to get the concealed holster and then save up for a seperate outside carry holster.

Good idea! Now the real adventure begins; shopping for a holster is often harder than shopping for the gun itself!

A good quality belt will even make a crappy holster usable.

You can't polish a :poop:

I agree that a good belt is necessary to get the best possible performance out of any holster, but it can't overcome deficiencies in the design of the holster itself. That $15 nylon rig in the other thread is a great example. A good belt will keep it more stable, but it still suffers from being too deep (impedes a firing grip) and too bulky, and riding too low.

Guess it just depends on what one's idea of "usable" is.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You can polish a turd I seen them do it on mythbusters.
    What they forgot to tell you was that after it was shiny was that it is still a turd.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Yep. Don't spend $500 on a pistol, $50 on premium ammo, then $15 on a belt and $15 on a holster. They are as important as the weapon. Even more so when trying to make a good CONCEALED system.

I just purchased the 1.5" 5.11 belt for $35 or so. This is a great stable belt for not much more than a non-carry belt. Works great with the MTAC and I wear it with black dress pants to work (no MTAC :( ) or with Jeans.

Top Bottom