• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I ordered one of these today. It could ship as soon as 10 days from now or it may take 6 to 8 weeks.

Any INGO people have one of these yet? If so, what do you think?

I already have a barely-used Trijicon RMR, C&H Plate, and Trijicon suppressor-height night sights on my G19.5 MOS.

Something might get sent back, some things might get sold, or I might just keep everything which means I end up buying another host (probably the best idea of all).

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I have not seen one, not do I own one, but I'm curious to hear how it performs for you once you get it. The concept is appealing to me...I'm just curious how it plays out in practice

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I was impressed with how Aaron Cowan spoke of the auto brightness

Eventually I can see non replaceable batteries being the norm to shrink the outer mold lines further.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I want them to develop something like that that direct-mounts and contours to the slide of my Beretta 92x Compact RDO. The Beretta factory mounting solution sucks, but if somebody made a low profile optic like the SCS that was designed to fit the slide, that would be a pretty slick solution IMO.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I already have a barely-used Trijicon RMR, C&H Plate, and Trijicon suppressor-height night sights on my G19.5 MOS.
    How do you like the Trijicon?
    We just ordered one of the

Trijicon RMR Dual-Illuminated reflex sight uses fiber optics and tritium.​

We have a few M17's if it works we will order two more. I like the battery free thing.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How do you like the Trijicon?
    We just ordered one of the

Trijicon RMR Dual-Illuminated reflex sight uses fiber optics and tritium.​

We have a few M17's if it works we will order two more. I like the battery free thing.
    The RMR Type 2 I have has been flawless but honestly it’s barely used. I got this along with Trijicon night sights vowing not to run a Chinese optic on my pistol. I have tempered my attitude since then to at least give it a try because the SCS reviews have been so positive.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The RMR Type 2 I have has been flawless but honestly it’s barely used. I got this along with Trijicon night sights vowing not to run a Chinese optic on my pistol. I have tempered my attitude since then to at least give it a try because the SCS reviews have been so positive.
    Thanks, with speaking with my #2 yesterday afternoon. He wants to put a Sig Romeo on his M17 and evaluate it for daily carry when he comes home next year.
    Ive only shot one with two mags full as of yet, it was a Volquartson 22 pistol with a bottom end Holosun. The grip angle was all wrong for me, and I quickly knew I wanted a shake awake or a full time on RMR.

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Thanks, with speaking with my #2 yesterday afternoon. He wants to put a Sig Romeo on his M17 and evaluate it for daily carry when he comes home next year.
    Ive only shot one with two mags full as of yet, it was a Volquartson 22 pistol with a bottom end Holosun. The grip angle was all wrong for me, and I quickly knew I wanted a shake awake or a full time on RMR.
    Just my experience so do your own research. But I had a terrible experience with the Sig Romeo on my Sig365. The design uses the slide as the negative contact for the “button” style battery. Requires removal of the sight to replace battery. Anything and everything that could get under that area must have caused the battery to drain. Dust, sweat, lubricant, etc. I found a dead battery about every 3 weeks and absolutely could not trust it on an EDC.

Switched to a Holosun HE507K-GR X2 and have been super happy. Very compact. External battery compartment so I do not have to remove the sight from the gun if it ever needs a new battery. And “shake awake” works great. Highly recommend!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Just my experience so do your own research. But I had a terrible experience with the Sig Romeo on my Sig365. The design uses the slide as the negative contact for the “button” style battery. Requires removal of the sight to replace battery. Anything and everything that could get under that area must have caused the battery to drain. Dust, sweat, lubricant, etc. I found a dead battery about every 3 weeks and absolutely could not trust it on an EDC.

Switched to a Holosun HE507K-GR X2 and have been super happy. Very compact. External battery compartment so I do not have to remove the sight from the gun if it ever needs a new battery. And “shake awake” works great. Highly recommend!
    Thanks, i'll pass your post to my son.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I have the same set up on a 365xl. I thought my eyes might like the circle in dot setting…but they definitely prefer the dot. Other than my Holosun coming with a dead battery…happy with finish, fit, and function. I just need more reps and practice with optic.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    20220901_013030.jpg 20220901_012956.jpg

It dry fires pretty good. Just the same as my 509T.

Sure makes for a lot lower profile package though. I think it will make for better concealment. The 509T is always fighting with the longer grip of the G45 on which will make a slight bump under my shirt. This SCS is on a BUG G19, but I can see swapping slides to experiment with different carry rigs.

The jury is out on the green emitter. I have always thought my eyes picked up red better than green. On top of the fact that out here in country, the background is often green. This sight was not available in red though and I really liked the concept. To give it it's due, I have based my red better than green opinion using cheap green illuminated optics.

I have been really spoiled by the closed emitter on the 509T. Rarely clean the 509T and even when it's really dirty, there is no comparison to what an open emitter picks up in a couple days. I fog the dirty lens on the 509T with my breath and wipe off with the bath towel. :cool: We will have to see how much of a PIA it is going back to a lint/dirt/dust/pollen/dead skin funnel.

It's pretty cool how the serrations on the sight match up to the slide perfectly. The sight fits in the MOS slot like a glove. Holosun said the sight comes from the factory zero'd for 25 yards. It did perfectly co-witness with the factory sights that I just put back on after removing the suppressor sights that were on it, for the old dot. Amerglo Hackathorns on order.

Early fiddling leaves me happy with how the sensor works and the override. I think I like the 30 minute timer on the override. The auto sensor does do pretty well, but in the dark, my old Surefire X300 can make picking up the sight a little slower on a white or light background. It's still there though, not terrible to find or completely washed out.

We will see how this thing holds up to dark and light. How long it can go before running out of battery and how long to recharge. On top of how interesting it will be to charge up my pistol. :n00b: I'll be running the 32MOA circle dot reticle, the same as I do with the 509T, so the sight will be sucking maximum power. I have not been able to see the sight go into shake awake sleep yet.

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I end up trying all of the mid level and up dots eventually so I will probably try it in the future. I guess nothing about it really jumps out at me and says I have to have it. Happy to read your review though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks, @bwframe for your review. Mine is not scheduled to ship until October 5th.

I had run across your interest in the model in the other red dot thread. With a bit of research, your interest became mine. Thanks!

Getting it this quick was kind of a fluke for me. I needed a better carry red dot for my BUG, so I used Midway's notify button for the out of stock SCS. Got an in stock notification last Friday, ordered Saturday, got it yesterday. Yeah Midway! :rockwoot:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had run across your interest in the model in the other red dot thread. With a bit of research, your interest became mine. Thanks!

Getting it this quick was kind of a fluke for me. I needed a better carry red dot for my BUG, so I used Midway's notify button for the out of stock SCS. Got an in stock notification last Friday, ordered Saturday, got it yesterday. Yeah Midway! :rockwoot:

…and the “Notify Me” button is there again.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    Mine came in today, right after my buddy and I got back from zeroing his. Pretty impressive so far, hoping to get back to the range tomorrow to zero.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've carried the G19 with the SCS for a couple days now (wake 'till sleep.) Hope it's not a one off that the lens does not collect junk like my last open emitter? I even spent a dusty couple/three hours with weed trimmer and blower in the yard and garden.

I can see dust, but have to look hard...

20220902_233054.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Back in stock again.

1662690981174.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    After carrying this thing for a couple weeks now, with daily dry fire, I should point out that the window on this sight is not very forgiving compared to a lot of other dots. It's a small window and requires solid repeatability on grip and extension.

This issue is more noticeable and eye opening when dry firing one handed and especially weak handed. It is also exacerbated in the pitch black, with no simple reference to pistol in hand position, (or irons.) If grip and extension is even slightly off, no dot and no simple fix.

Of course the benefit of this is that it's a real kick in the ass to get the reps in to where this handicap disappears.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom