Hole left in side of Indy gun store, IMPD now investigating whether it was caused intentionally by burglars

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    At least they tried a different side of the building this time. In 2013 it was a car through the front door.

Just east of the IMS.

INDIANAPOLIS — Police responded to a structure collapse at a gun shop on the near northwest side early Friday morning, and they are now investigating whether it could have been done intentionally as part of an attempted burglary.

It happened at 500 Guns on W. 16th Street just before 3 a.m.

Police said they found a hole on the side of the building that they say may have been caused by a vehicle.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    When my former home in Indy was burglarized the thieves made off with my Mosin Nagant. I still chuckle when thinking about Lil Pookie rolling through 30th and Sherman or 10th and Tibbs hanging out the window of an Impala blasting fools with a 91/30.
    I’m friggen dying right now. Maybe they made it into an obrez pistol?!?!

1611354668541.jpeg

looks like an absolute nightmare to shoot!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've never been to the shop but have wanted to go for a long time. From what I've heard they carried a lot of high end hunting rifles and such.
    They had a serious selection of handguns last week. I am sure they were in the safes. Ammo on the wall. Hope the bastages did not score that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got the alert email and phone call from the ATF about this (I guess they're sending them even to us lowly C&R license holders now).

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A Federal firearms licensee in Marion County, IN has experienced a burglary that resulted in the theft of firearms. Forced entry was made into the FFL. Please ensure the security of both your inventory and property and report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 800-800-3855 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When my former home in Indy was burglarized the thieves made off with my Mosin Nagant. I still chuckle when thinking about Lil Pookie rolling through 30th and Sherman or 10th and Tibbs hanging out the window of an Impala blasting fools with a 91/30.
    Gang-banging with a bolt-gun. I'm thinking an 1898 Springfield in .30-40 Krag would be a better choice. Sweet bolt action, side-loading internal magazine. Plus everyone in the car won't be deaf after the first shot.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    The good news is I don't think you can even find 16 gauge ammo right now.
    Uh, not correct. I just acquired a 16 ga Winchester Model 12. Even though I reload I didn’t have any hulls so I bought a couple flats of new shells so I’d have something to reload. Browning and Fiochi just to name two.

Google search produced several suppliers had them in stock. Not the cheapest shell, but not as bad a 28 ga or .410 bore. If you need so,e I can supply the source I used.

Top Bottom