Holcomb vetoes house bill 1041 which would have stopped guys who pretend they are girls from playing girls sports in school

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Because very quickly they would discover no girls would compete in any non-team sports because they'd get their clocks cleaned by the boys.
    Our oldest granddaughter actually wrestles against boys through her school. She and her older brother go to tournaments together. DoggyMama and I are not thrilled about it. She's 11 and will be starting to "develop" soon.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Our oldest granddaughter actually wrestles against boys through her school. She and her older brother go to tournaments together. DoggyMama and I are not thrilled about it. She's 11 and will be starting to "develop" soon.
    And this is the opposite of the problem. Its no big deal for a traditionally weaker competitor to choose to compete against those that are stronger. If a girl wants to play against the boys in football, soccer, wrestling, etc. Go for it. She is less likely to dominate her competitors because she doesnt have an unfair advantage. The same cant be said for a biological male that chooses to compete against weaker competitors.

Its when the role is flipped that the problems arise.

Frankly, IMHO situations like your granddaughter is so far removed from the actual issue it shouldnt even be brought up. IT only muddies the water.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And this is the opposite of the problem. Its no big deal for a traditionally weaker competitor to choose to compete against those that are stronger. If a girl wants to play against the boys in football, soccer, wrestling, etc. Go for it. She is less likely to dominate her competitors because she doesnt have an unfair advantage.

Its when the role is flipped that the problems arise.

Frankly, IMHO situations like your granddaughter is so far removed from the actual issue it shouldnt even be brought up. IT only muddies the water.
    Oh I know it's not the same, but the coed thing was brought up and I was just saying that they already have that. I think it's weird myself. Tennis or other non-contact sports? Sure. Wrestling not so much.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't see why they shouldn't just add a co-ed division to all sports and let it hash itself out.
    Girls wrestling, boys wrestling, co-ed wrestling, etc. If you are trans or claiming to be - co-ed. End of story.
    Seems pretty reasonable.

But the reality is there really is very, very few tranny athletes, especially at the grade school level.

Everyone's of this is a college swimmer in Virginia, right? It just isn't common.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Seems pretty reasonable.

But the reality is there really is very, very few tranny athletes, especially at the grade school level.

Everyone's of this is a college swimmer in Virginia, right? It just isn't common.
    We've seen it at NCAA and Olympic levels, right? So, at the peak of performance in sports, we're seeing transwomen who were lackluster male athletes dominate. If we consider women's sports as a protected class, then it is reasonable to limit that to biological females. If we want to get rid of protected classes.... well, that's another conversation. Coming back on topic, maybe there's some argument that it's not as big of a deal per-adolescence, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't hold up to much scrutiny. The division of sports originated from factual (statistical) physiological differences, not identity. I don't see why identity should overtake it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We've seen it at NCAA and Olympic levels, right? So, at the peak of performance in sports, we're seeing transwomen who were lackluster male athletes dominate. If we consider women's sports as a protected class, then it is reasonable to limit that to biological females. If we want to get rid of protected classes.... well, that's another conversation. Coming back on topic, maybe there's some argument that it's not as big of a deal per-adolescence, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't hold up to much scrutiny. The division of sports originated from factual (statistical) physiological differences, not identity. I don't see why identity should overtake it.
    Solid logic. See "Title IX Athletics".

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Contact your Indiana State Legislators and tell them to protect girls’ sports!

The Indiana state legislature will be in a special session on May 24, 2022, to vote on overriding the Governor's veto of HEA 1041. This act prohibits biological male athletes from participating in female sports and provides remedies to those females denied athletic opportunities.

HEA 1041 will:

Keep biological boys from participating in girls’ sports
    Help to keep biological boys out of girls’ locker rooms in the public schools
    Help to keep biological boys out of girls’ restrooms in the public schools

The vote to override the veto is tomorrow, May 24. Please contact your Indiana State Legislators now!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Even fellow Republican Attorney General Rokita thinks Holcomb is full of BS.
    I was willing to give Holcomb the benefit of the doubt on this earlier when I thought he may have Vetoed it earlier because of flaws in the Bill.

But when he now gives some wimpy BS excuse for Vetoing the Bill that he's just scared of lawsuits, I hope his Veto is overridden.

Last edited:

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Out wonderful Governor vetoed house bill 1041 today. The bill would have stopped biological males from competing on girls sports teams in grade k-12.

I understand the distaste, but really it's a much larger problem. Federally, boys who dress up like girls and take hormones are a protected class and therefore can't be discriminated against. I have to be one of the larger proponents of not being forced to play pretend with mentally ill people, but the fact that the totally legitimate in all ways (clown honks in the distance) election didn't go our direction has a lot more to do with it than the spineless coward that occupies the space out governor should be.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good. Contrary to the ACLU, nobody is preventing these trans kids from playing sports.

And I find it ironic that they are claiming this veto harms title IX. LOLWUT? Its harmful to the biological girls title IX protects by keeping bigger, stronger "girls" out of their sports? This veto STRENGTHENS title IX, idiots.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Schools should be forced to build bathrooms and shower facilities for every alphabet along with separate sports teams. When the public system is unable to financially function, this will all be over.

Top Bottom