• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    Looking for an HK enthusiast that can answer a couple questions I have about a particular HK USP I'm considering added to my collection. I'm having a hard time finding data on the web. If anyone is a HK nut and had HK knowledge let me know and will fill in the details. received_1311318429390236.jpeg

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    AG date code should denote 2006 manufacture. Looks like an unmodded USP40 V1 with the standard DA/SA and multifunction safety/decocker. Looks like a GG&G rail adapter, that's fine and it doesn't modify the gun in any permanent way. In decent shape.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    It has a picatinny (sp) rail adapter on it due to HKs proprietary front rail. They used to be fairly pricey. That's all I got.
    Edit; beat like a red headed step-son.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    AG date code should denote 2006 manufacture. Looks like an unmodded USP40 V1 with the standard DA/SA and multifunction safety/decocker. Looks like a GG&G rail adapter, that's fine and it doesn't modify the gun in any permanent way. In decent shape.this one in particular was ordered by the US government for Law Enforcement, and I don’t mean your everyday cops, more than likely the FBI. Could potentially have been for the CIA, Boarder Patrol, or the Secret Service but the FBI definitely got the lions share of them. That fact alone gives it a higher premium than a regular USP, which would generally sell around 1000 bucks. The last one of these government imports to sell on GB brought $1313.

AG date code should denote 2006 manufacture. Looks like an unmodded USP40 V1 with the standard DA/SA and multifunction safety/decocker. Looks like a GG&G rail adapter, that's fine and it doesn't modify the gun in any permanent way. In decent shape.
    This the claim from the owner thoughts ?

"This one in particular was ordered by the US government for Law Enforcement, and I don’t mean your everyday cops, more than likely the FBI. Could potentially have been for the CIA, Boarder Patrol, or the Secret Service but the FBI definitely got the lions share of them."

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN

"This one in particular was ordered by the US government for Law Enforcement, and I don’t mean your everyday cops, more than likely the FBI. Could potentially have been for the CIA, Boarder Patrol, or the Secret Service but the FBI definitely got the lions share of them."
    received_696490201498162.jpeg received_363534208910553.jpeg

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

My thought...

So what? First, I doubt the claim (for no particular reason). Second, it doesn't make it worth more.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    OK Now the asking Price
    More than $600?

What kind of information are you wanting?

How many magazines?
    Case & accessories? condition = wear on the barrel & slide?

BTW I know nothing about the Heckler & Koch USP 40s HaHa!! :cool:
    My handle @ HkPro & HkProShop is Hk-USPC-40

My three that cost $600ea within the last two years, All "AS NEW" with boxes & 5 magazines each
    Got my 1st H&Ks back in the mid 90s = P7M8 USP357c & USP45Tactical

The magazine you show is older than the AG/2006 & was made during the AWB & all high-capacity magazines of that era where marked 10/94
    USPc40 X2 & P2000sk.jpg

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    What you have is a 1994 to 2004 import, at least the magazine was! Between 94 and 04 (the Clinton crime ban) the government banned magazines that held over 10 rounds, new guns could only be sold with 10 round magazines, but in 2004 the bill “sunset” and new guns could again be sold with mags that held more than 10 rounds, AND the mags that held more than 10 could be owned by anyone I have quite a few ar15 mags that are marked “flemo”.

In fact late in 94 I remember usp mags (non leo marked) selling for 175 bucks each! The same mags were less than 50 in 1993!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Perhaps. I'm not sure how to determine exact agency, absent any specific post-sale markings on the gun.

My USP45 is an LE trade-in, as is my USP9C. The 45 was carried a lot and shot little, the 9 apparently sat in a box and was unused. A number of departments used them, the Maine State Police and several large agencies in California being the ones that get mentioned the most. But, there were many others. HKs were not cheap sidearms, and were niche products for agencies run by people who really cared about their guns.

I haven't seen anything on specific federal agencies, although it wouldn't surprise me if somebody bought them at one point or another.

The mags may or may not be original to the specific gun, but if they came from the same batch as the initial agency purchase, they're a good clue as to time period and origination with an agency customer.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    06 mfr and 94-04 limited mags doesn't jive but who knows what happened in .gov/le orders and armories.

Nothing pictured indicates history in any agency. If anything, being agency issued relegates it to lower priced "surplus" status. Nothing wrong with it either though, those things are built like tanks it'll outlast about anything you can do to it.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    What Rookie said about original agency- so what. It sounds interesting but doesn't add value. What else is in the kit you're considering- # mags, case, etc. Asking price?

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Juday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    As others have stated:

AG Date Code (2006) USP 40 V1- $750-950
    GG&G Rail Adapter - $55
    13 Round "LEO" Magazine - $40 - $50

I'd say a $850 - $1,050, or somewhere in between.

I was fortunate enough to pick up an older USP45 (in great condition) for 500 bucks last year. A deal I couldn't pass up....

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    As others have stated:

AG Date Code (2006) USP 40 V1- $750-950
    GG&G Rail Adapter - $55
    13 Round "LEO" Magazine - $40 - $50

I'd say a $850 - $1,050, or somewhere in between.

I was fortunate enough to pick up an older USP45 (in great condition) for 500 bucks last year. A deal I couldn't pass up....
    Thank you sir and yea man I wouldn't have passed that deal either lol

Top Bottom