Hillary's campaign still alive, now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    OK folks, Hillary won Indiana. She was behind 35 points in Indiana just about 40 days ago. Obama outspent her $3 to $1 and she made up the difference and passed him and held out even with the Lake County vote.

She goes on to West Virginia, Oregon and Kentucky.

She is leading by a wide margin in Kentucky.
    She is behind in Oregon.
    She is currently leading in West Virginia.

Now the way I see this is that she can't win. The Super Delegates are slowly moving to support Obama. Had Hillary lost Indiana I think the S.D.s would have rushed like a tidal wave over to Obama but Obama's camp claimed Indiana would be an "easy win" for them.

There is a lot of infighting in the Democratic party and many of the Obama supporters absolutely HATE Clinton while many of the Clinton supporters HATE Obama. Even with that, it is possible we will see an OBAMA & CLINTON ticket this fall.

What do all you think is going to happen and how will it affect our gun rights? Can McCain win against Obama? Can he win against an Obama/Clinton ticket? Is McCain really any better for us? He is a moderate on the gun issue, while Obama is clearly a gun grabber, but will McCain simply sign whatever anti-gun bills Pelosi jams through the system?

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    If Clinton stays in the race I think that her and Obama are going to get into a political knife fight. Once that happens you can forget about an Obama/Clinton ticket. It would also drive quite a few of the loser's (Clinton?) supporters to McCain or out of the process entirely. Either way would be very helpful to McCain.
    If McCain is elected I am hopeful that the Republicans can curb any tendencies he may have to support anti gun legislation. He's not as big a maverick as he claims to be.
    If either Obama or Clinton is elected and have a democratic majority in the house and senate, as appears likely, then we're flat out screwed!

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Dem party whiz-bangs are supposedly pushing her to drop out.
    Again.
    If the influential people in the party are wanting her out now, I doubt they will encourage the Super Delegates to support her later.
    They want the candidate with the best chance of beating McCain, and after spending a lot of time and money in IN to win by a slim margin, and getting whipped in NC, it's not looking good for the old girl.

I hope she stays in.
    The longer she is around, the more she and Obama will snipe at each other and make both look like idiots.
    And some think once she is finally out, Hillary will do the jealous ex-girlfriend move and do her best to sabotage Obama's campaign. If I can't win it, nobody can.

All McCain has to do through all of this is sit, watch, and not step on his twanger.
    Too bad McCain is what there is left on that side.
    We're sunk as far as the White House goes. The best we can hope for is a favorable congress, or at least one that doesn't have enough clout on the left to get anything done.

I was really hoping Ron Paul would do better here yesterday. Maybe it would have made him look better as a VP candidate.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Hillary has no reason to quit. It's a long way till August. Plenty of time for Obama to step on his manhood. Neither candidate on the Dem's side is capable of getting the necessary delegates to wrap this up so why not stay and see what happens. One thing about the Clintons is they are very savvy when it comes to politics and manipulation. They will change the rules or redefine them to their advantage. I'm already hearing talk about not worrying about the delegate count and focus on the popular vote. Hillary believes she can still win the popular vote. Also she is arguing that the votes of the Peoples of FL and MI should not be disenfranchised. In reference to is McCain better then the other two the answer is yes. His economic policies are better and his view of the world is better.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    The one reason I think Hillary will stick it out and try to sabotage Obama is that she wants to be a viable for the nomination in '12. If Obama beats McCain in November, he will be the incumbent in 2012 and Hillary can kiss her last shot at the Oval Office goodbye. On the other hand, if McCain wins this year, Hillary has a good shot at winning the democratic nomination in four years, especially if she building her campaign right after this election.
    This may sound a bit Machiavellian, but remember who she is. Her and her husband have proven to be two of the sneakiest, most underhanded, politically savvy people in this country since FDR finally had the good grace to croak.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    The one reason I think Hillary will stick it out and try to sabotage Obama is that she wants to be a viable for the nomination in '12. If Obama beats McCain in November, he will be the incumbent in 2012 and Hillary can kiss her last shot at the Oval Office goodbye. On the other hand, if McCain wins this year, Hillary has a good shot at winning the democratic nomination in four years, especially if she building her campaign right after this election.
    This may sound a bit Machiavellian, but remember who she is. Her and her husband have proven to be two of the sneakiest, most underhanded, politically savvy people in this country since FDR finally had the good grace to croak.

Did you plagiarize that idea from Dick Morris? :)

Either way, I think that's very probable. The Clintons are not stupid.

So if she's the Prince, is Bill the Princess?

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Good God, NO. I've been thinking about it for the last month, since a discussion with a couple of Profs at school. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed to fit Hillary's moves. That woman wants to be president so bad it is the coloring factor on all her plans.
    After reading your question, I did look up Dirty Dick's oped piece and agree that we hold extremely close views on the subject. I can only conclude that Morris is lucky enough to think like me:D.

And I think that the emasculation factor of being married to Hillary for so long would make Willy a queen.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I think the Clinton brothers are done. I just hope we can defeat Obama in November because he scares the hell out of me. Seriously. He scares me more than the thought of seeing Rhino in a thong and flip-flops holding a sign that says, "Me love you long time sailor!"

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I think the Clinton brothers are done. I just hope we can defeat Obama in November because he scares the hell out of me. Seriously. He scares me more than the thought of seeing a purple Rhino in a thong and flip-flops holding a sign that says, "Me love you long time sailor!"

Fixed:D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom