• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Why is it that the guns I want cost so much and they are old. i.e. a pair of Welsh Navy .36's, cost about $6 new each. a pair of Gustoff Young engraved Colt's new under a $100 each. You ever reflect on the past guns you could have had and past on as they were not the newest at the time. If only I had been given insight and not hind sight! There is a Colt Anaconda for sale like one I looked at in Galians (sp) I wish I had bought then. It felt so much better to my hand than a S&W 29. Today it would hurt so much to shoot the big bores but to dream of youth when nothing was to hot to shoot.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    C&R guns are the same. I remember getting my Nagant for 49.00 and SKS’s like new for 59.99.

Not even worth having a C&R license anymore. Everything has dried up.
    I kind of regret renewing mine this year. Starting to think about liquidating some of the collection and it would've made it so much easier without it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I went back to school in 2006. Sold three safes full. Made money on everything, but that is what paid three years of tuition and living expense. Graduated, did an internship, did a foreign mission project. When my life settled back down, the stuff I sold for double, now costs twice as much as I sold them. Some of the things I really like just are no longer made. People that have them are not getting rid of them.

Firearms, Motorcycles, Cars, all the same story

It is probably healthy to not easily put your hands on everything you want at once. Take gates for example, he is bored with anything we would want and has the power and wealth to illusion he can play god with the world population.

We don't want to be that guy.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My c and r dealership was a little outfit called Interarms. the gun shows had good stuff all imported by interarms. Since most governments went select fire once the older stuff was gone things dried up.

Sure it would be nice to have stuff shipped directly to me but does not the C and R give the ATF the right to enter and inspect at a moments notice. Show me your papers.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    All of this stuff you're mentioning is relatively cheap even on a modest income if you prioritize it.

I don't make much money and I've still been able to budget and get everything I want. It took me a bit to pay off the night vision and supporting equipment, but it wasn't like I was stuck eating ramen every day. You just have to decide your priorities.

Don't drive something you can't buy with cash, don't live a life style where everything you have is financed. You'll be surprised how far even the lowest of wages can go if you don't let banks eat you up with interest.

This is pretty solid life advice for just about anyone to follow.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sure it would be nice to have stuff shipped directly to me but does not the C and R give the ATF the right to enter and inspect at a moments notice. Show me your papers.
    Never happens. Well, I guess never say "never", but it is so rare as to be insignificant for C&R holders. Why would they go after somebody with a bunch of old Mosins, Mausers and Enfields when they can target the Class 3 dealers with the "good stuff"?

The only downside I have run across with mine is when buying or selling with private individuals that don't want their info recorded. If I buy a C&R firearm from you I have to record your name and address in my log book (hardcopy, stays with me, no electronic anything).

If I sell a C&R eligible gun to you I have to record your DL info (again, just goes in my hardcopy log book - no electronic anything). Some people balk at that, and that's okay. I haven't run into it much, but it does happen.

One nice thing about it is if you buy a C&R eligible gun from a gun shop, you hand them a signed copy of your C&R license, and out the door you go - no NICS check needed.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Something to note for anybody thinking about getting a C&R license, scan or make copies of your unsigned license. Only sign copies when needed, and leave the original unsigned. I also keep a scanned copy of my signed copy on my computer to send to online sellers. Print off unsigned copies to take with you to gun shows or for LGS's. I keep a few copies of my unsigned license in my log book, which I take with me to gun shows. Some places like to have "live ink" signed copies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Been messing with firearms for a long time, had my FFL at age 21. SO much has changed over 44 years, guns that I still have and guns that were sold to pay things like my sons tuition. In the end I can't complain, I got to experience and shoot many firearms that you just don't see anymore these days.

It why when I go shooting with a group I try to let others get the same experience if only briefly.

Top Bottom