• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Can't believe this one hasn't been posted yet, being so prominent in the news.

armatrix-smartgun.jpg

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Applying that philosophy, the next time I see a car all scratched and dented with bald tires, I should assume the owner must be one hell of a driver. :rolleyes:

That would make sense if cars were meant to be used in any similar fashion. A weapon created for combat specifically doesn't get ran through the carwash every saturday. A vehicle created for combat that looked "used" and still worked perfectly would would be assumed to be a great vehicle. The gun appears to have some missing paint, but no dents/scratches/bald tires. those things would degrade a vehicles ability to function properly, missing paint on a gun would not. A car that looks that way has likely not been used for it's specific function, but improperly used, lest it was made for crashing or derby.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    That would make sense if cars were meant to be used in any similar fashion. A weapon created for combat specifically doesn't get ran through the carwash every saturday. A vehicle created for combat that looked "used" and still worked perfectly would would be assumed to be a great vehicle. The gun appears to have some missing paint, but no dents/scratches/bald tires. those things would degrade a vehicles ability to function properly, missing paint on a gun would not. A car that looks that way has likely not been used for it's specific function, but improperly used, lest it was made for crashing or derby.

In comes jeep wrangler/CJ's who really get out where they are supposed to go

So maybe some guns look better worn, some vehicles look better muddy and scratched and maybe a little rock kiss here and there

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    In comes jeep wrangler/CJ's who really get out where they are supposed to go

So maybe some guns look better worn, some vehicles look better muddy and scratched and maybe a little rock kiss here and there

Precisely - used for their intended purposes!

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    The only thing that is "worn" in the photo I posted was the paint. That should tell you something.

That was a US military M4 in that photo. The paint that's coming off likely protected the underlying finish that look fairly new. The Upper may actually be a recent replacement for it. And unless the Army has started handing out suppressors to their REMFs/POGs...it was used.

Maybe some recent Army dogs can clarify, but I don't believe regular line troops are allowed/authorized to paint their weapons.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Someone PLEASE tell me it's common knowledge that if you Google image search "ugly girl pretty gun" this is on the first page....
    ohyesplease.png

INGO clown. I am laughing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Applying that philosophy, the next time I see a car all scratched and dented with bald tires, I should assume the owner must be one hell of a driver. :rolleyes:

There's a guy that sometimes goes to the 'Cars-n-Coffee' meet up in Carmel on Saturdays with a Lamborgini that has something like 90k on the clock. The car has a bunch of stone chips and looks like it's one of the few Lambos actually used for what it was built for: to be driven. The patina of use on a well maintained tool will always look better to me than something that's never been truely used for its intended purpose. That goes as much for an old BMW as it does for an M4.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It sure does. I hope my ARs eventually look that well used. I've always believed that we should do our best to try to wear our guns out through training with them as much as we can.

Top Bottom