• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Me: "Some people are so irresponsible with how they store guns"

Also me: Several rifles leaning up in the closet because the safe is full, one bookshelf devoted to carry gun buffet, USP on the nightstand, shotgun behind the door, floor sagging under the weight of the "ammo pile"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Me: "Some people are so irresponsible with how they store guns"

Also me: Several rifles leaning up in the closet because the safe is full, one bookshelf devoted to carry gun buffet, USP on the nightstand, shotgun behind the door, floor sagging under the weight of the "ammo pile"
    I downsized my multiple safes when I retired as a rev-limiter as to how many I can have at 1 time.
    I have eclipsed the limiter and have a couple that need to be confined and am working on that as I type.
    The ammo is in a secure locked locker. (2) of them.
    What to do what to do.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Get comfortable with it...and keep it locked up...and the ammo locked up in another location. GMAFB Then he says "if the bad guys come in the night" apparently you will die because your bullets are locked away and you are afraid of the evil guns. Good points on training though.

The house is locked. Everyone in the house knows where the guns and ammo are. Taint Skeerd.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Due to my reduction in firearms ownership, I have way too much safe! Plenty of room. My ammo locker though is full.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm surprised at some of the training classes I have attended where new shooters show up and have zero familiarity of their firearm. They just paid a lot of money for training. My advice to them is after the first day ends, go home and manipulate the pistol. Lock the slide back, drop the slide, load mags, operate safeties, drop mags, insert mags. Just spend some time with it. If they do that, they come back on day 2 better prepared to learn.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Some youtube videos the person doing them doesn't talk plan enough for the subtitles to work properly. Hickok45 I've never had that problem he's well spoken. When you can't hear you depend on subtitles and if there way off so is the review for people like me.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I like Hickok45 he does great video's and the subtitles are great as well.
    I also search out and enjoy his videos, this particular advice though I find questionable. It seems more like liability avoidance than survivable information.

When seconds count the police are minutes away and your ammo is locked up in a different safe than your firearm. All become irrelevant in the seconds that count.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I also search out and enjoy his videos, this particular advice though I find questionable. It seems more like liability avoidance than survivable information.

When seconds count the police are minutes away and your ammo is locked up in a different safe than your firearm. All become irrelevant in the seconds that count.
    The video is directed at the new gun owner. You know the type; the ones who already know how to use things by virtue of their ownership of the item.

The one's who born knowing how to drive, screw and shoot. :)

Top Bottom