• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have three K frame Smith & Wesson revolvers Models 17, 18, and a 67. I'd like to improve their front sights to something more visible, old eyes.

The 67 has an orange insert in the front sight, I'd like to have something fiber optic for better visualization.

I know fiber optic front sights exsist, but I'd like to know what all is availabe and who gunsmith wise in Central Indiana might be able to accomplish changing the front sight out of these three revolvers.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Attachments

• PXL_20210724_163727876.MP.jpg
      PXL_20210724_163727876.MP.jpg
      6.3 MB · Views: 15

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Reach out to BossHoss who is a member here on the forum. Paul is a S&W guru and shoots S&W revolvers in competition. He does excellent trigger work as well. I had him change the front sight in my 3” model 60 from a plain black ramp to a fiber optic front. Made a huge difference for me.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    All of those revolvers have fixed (machined) front sights or at least it looks like it from the pictures. If they are fixed to change them out is not impossible but would likely be a bit expensive to get a keyway or dovetail cut.

Last edited:

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Howard Co IN
    Thanks, I was wondering about that. I may just do the Model 18. Thanks for the feedback.
    Well, i learned this from dear old dad from shooting his model 28 and 29s …he would always use a dab of high viz orange paint from model airplanes, arrow paint, or nail polish on machined front sights…I carry on the tradition. Just my .02 pennies

Top Bottom