• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I walked by a guy at a local fast food joint with a long magazine sticking out of his glock out of his pocket. I was thinking at the time that sure would be an easy target, not even in a holster. It wasn't even open carry, the magazine seemed to be a 30 round variety sticking far past his pocket. Another reason I prefer concealed carry, no one can be situationally aware 24/7. I also noticed gas pumps now want to ask you a series of questions before they allow you to pump your gas. "Are you a rewards member, would you like to become a rewards member and save money, etc." I have gotten where I answer one question at a time before looking around again. Far too much time reading and pushing buttons in a vulnerable area to not pause and double-check my surroundings. I also lock the doors, then unlock just the drivers' door before getting out since the vehicle unlocks all 4 doors when you put it in park. Criminals tend to try to open your passenger doors now and steal what they can get away with.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Strong side versus front carry? What exactly does he mean "front carry" and if it is what I think, is that safe for the carrier?

(yes, real question)

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I wear a cross draw holster with my 1911's also with a thumb brake, i have always felt with the butt sticking forward it makes it hard for some one to try to pull it from behind you!

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    One of the things they taught very clearly in the Ohio CCW training course was that if anyone goes for your gun that instantly justifies use of deadly force (yes, I know, this seems obvious). Good case for a BUG right there…

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    In a time long ago I attended a class taught by the great yogi “BBI”. He covered this situation with real life videos as well.

I dare say the removal of a firearm from person is not as rare as one would think.

I have often stated that lots of bad people out in the wild. Those meanies will take your talisman and put it in your prison wallet.

We had another one today on my district. Gun toter goes to pay for something, mope sees gun, knocks gun toter to the ground, steals gun from dazed gun toter and flees.

Common assumptions challenged:
    1) Nobody gets robbed for their gun.
    2) Mopes are scared of armed citizens.
    3) You'll see a fight coming.
    4) You'll be on your feet when you need your gun.
    5) Being armed equals being prepared.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    We had another one today on my district. Gun toter goes to pay for something, mope sees gun, knocks gun toter to the ground, steals gun from dazed gun toter and flees.

Common assumptions are about as true as common sense, just saying.

ps also makes a good case for bug in ankle carry position.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Common assumptions are about as true as common sense, just saying.

ps also makes a good case for bug in ankle carry position.

Makes a better case for a blade off hand or center line and some basic grappling skills, I think. I'm not sure you'd be able to get to an ankle gun in time to matter. Same with a pocket gun, depending. I'd pressure test the theory with a buddy before relying on it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Makes a better case for a blade off hand or center line and some basic grappling skills, I think. I'm not sure you'd be able to get to an ankle gun in time to matter. Same with a pocket gun, depending. I'd pressure test the theory with a buddy before relying on it.
    Agreed, really I think it’s important to have options, and to not rely on myths, versus as you say trying things and developing a plan that works for the individual.

Also just curious was there any level of retention with the holster?

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

I shore do wish you'd quit with that logic crap, mister.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In a time long ago I attended a class taught by the great yogi “BBI”. He covered this situation with real life videos as well.

I dare say the removal of a firearm from person is not as rare as one would think.

I have often stated that lots of bad people out in the wild. Those meanies will take your talisman and put it in your prison wallet.
    Far to many live in a dream bubble.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Agreed, really I think it’s important to have options, and to not rely on myths, versus as you say trying things and developing a plan that works for the individual.

Also just curious was there any level of retention with the holster?

I didn't talk to the victim myself, the information was from the reporting officer. I can try and remember to ask if they noticed next day we work together.

Top Bottom