• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    That guy had zero situational awareness.
    I'm curious about what he had in his hand, wallet, phone. Maybe he was trying to pay?

He didn't even give those two a glance.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    That guy had zero situational awareness.
    I'm curious about what he had in his hand, wallet, phone. Maybe he was trying to pay?

He didn't even give those two a glance.
    You are not wrong, but that is not the only factor at play here. None of us IRL can be situationally aware at all times. A lot of people talk a good game, and we should strive towards the goal, but there are just too many distractions.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    You are not wrong, but that is not the only factor at play here. None of us IRL can be situationally aware at all times. A lot of people talk a good game, and we should strive towards the goal, but there are just too many distractions.
    You're right, people can't always be on the top of the game. But this guy didn't even appear to notice them at all.
    I am curious about what he was doing. I'm thinking counting money maybe. It doesn't really matter, but my interest is piqued.

Last edited:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Situational awareness is really important and this guy seems to have none. Back in the day I was certified as an Illinois CCW instructor and that was something I always talked about. One example I used was a female student at University of Illinois was walking back to her dorm at night. She has ear buds in, wearing a hoodie and looking at her phone when struck from behind and robbed. She wasn't even a witness at her own mugging. Jim.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    ...I'm thinking counting money maybe...
    When I'm getting change, I watch the cashier and count the bills as they're being pulled out of the drawer (I don't worry much about any coins). That way, I know it's right before it's handed to me. If I'm in a situation where I'd rather not pull my wallet out again, I just shove the bills in my pocket and go.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm betting the dope with the gun in his pocket was scoped out by the mopes who stole it - as the dope was walking in to the store.

Dope gets scoped by mopes; gets his nope-nope snatched for his troubles.

Also: The type of criminal that you really don't want to have an encounter with is the kind of criminal to not be deterred by OC-ing.

Reactions: KG1

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    In a time long ago I attended a class taught by the great yogi “BBI”. He covered this situation with real life videos as well.

I dare say the removal of a firearm from person is not as rare as one would think.

I have often stated that lots of bad people out in the wild. Those meanies will take your talisman and put it in your prison wallet.

Last edited:

Luka93A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 28, 2017
    North Vernon
    Is it common to just carry with a holster in your pocket like that? I know they make holsters for the pocket. but they are hidden. Seems like he just stuck a IWB holster in his pocket and walked out the door. Would love more experienced input.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Is it common to just carry with a holster in your pocket like that?
    Would love more experienced input.
    I give you: The IDIOTIC Carry thread

You will not find a more wretched hive of scum and villany, despite Old Ben Kenobi's assertions.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Is it common to just carry with a holster in your pocket like that? I know they make holsters for the pocket. but they are hidden. Seems like he just stuck a IWB holster in his pocket and walked out the door. Would love more experienced input.
    I see people carrying with no holster from time to time. Some people just buy a firearm and think, "Now im protected, my job is done here"

Top Bottom