• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Anybody else raising a flag about "26 year veteran"? I'd have guessed 26 years old. If 26 years on the force, they would be 48-50? Something seems wrong, like the AD/ND Officer hadn't done that before.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But here's the problem Kut, regardless of accidently grabbing the sidearm instead of the taser.

If this young man would have just let them cuff him and place him in the back of the cruiser.

He'd be alive today.

Plain and simple, cut and dry. His death while tragic, was the result of his actions.

Suck it up, live another day to fight the charges against you in court.

When are these idiots (yes I called him a IDIOT) going to realize when they do stupid :poop: like this that they put their life in peril?
    When I say this, it don't matter if they are white, brown, black or pink with purple polka dots.

View attachment 135321
    Hold on. There are two parts to that. Yes, he’s responsible for putting himself in the position of making officers have to escalate force. If we’re going to talk about what contributed, included in that matrix of cause, has to be the actions of a police officer who meant to draw the taser and not the glock. The dude’s responsibility is putting himself in that position, and then from there it’s all on that officer, and to some extent the police department.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Anybody else raising a flag about "26 year veteran"? I'd have guessed 26 years old. If 26 years on the force, they would be 48-50? Something seems wrong, like the AD/ND Officer hadn't done that before.
    Yeah I was kinda surprised to see 26 year veteran.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hold on. There are two parts to that. Yes, he’s responsible for putting himself in the position of making officers have to escalate force. If we’re going to talk about what contributed, included in that matrix of cause, has to be the actions of a police officer who meant to draw the taser and not the glock. The dude’s responsibility is putting himself in that position, and then from there it’s all on that officer, and to some extent the police department.

He was the one who put this cascading cluster F's of events into motion.

He doesn't resist and fight back, nothing happens, cuffed and stuffed into the back seat, then getting 3 hots and a cot till his trial date. Not stuffed into a box with 6 foot of dirt on top of him.

Everyone want's to go but... but.... but....

But the fact is, this young mans actions lead to his death, yes a officer made a fatal mistake. But that fatal mistake would have never happened if he would have complied.

You can't deny or challenge that.

I would expect the same results to happen to me being white (or any color) with his prior history.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He was the one who put this cascading cluster F's of events into motion.

He doesn't resist and fight back, nothing happens, cuffed and stuffed into the back seat, then getting 3 hots and a cot till his trial date. Not stuffed into a box with 6 foot of dirt on top of him.

Everyone want's to go but... but.... but....

But the fact is, this young mans actions lead to his death, yes a officer made a fatal mistake. But that fatal mistake would have never happened if he would have complied.

You can't deny or challenge that.

I would expect the same results to happen to me being white (or any color) with his prior history.
    Of course it would have been different if he’d have complied with officers. That doesn’t mean that everything that happened to him after the fact was 100% his fault. She contributed to it too. This is on her too. That’s all I’m saying.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Of course it would have been different if he’d have complied with officers. That doesn’t mean that everything that happened to him after the fact was 100% his fault. She contributed to it too. This is on her too. That’s all I’m saying.
    We have a tool that is used to determine the root cause of a problem. It’s called 5 Why. Let’s use it here. Why did he get shot? Because the officer accidentally pulled her gun. Why did the officer pull her gun? He tried to flee from the officers. Why did he try to flee? He had warrants for his arrest. Why did he have warrants? Because he was already a criminal. Why was he stopped? Registration was expired.

Follow the facts

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We have a tool that is used to determine the root cause of a problem. It’s called 5 Why. Let’s use it here. Why did he get shot? Because the officer accidentally pulled her gun. Why did the officer pull her gun? He tried to flee from the officers. Why did he try to flee? He had warrants for his arrest. Why did he have warrants? Because he was already a criminal. Why was he stopped? Registration was expired.

Follow the facts
    Having a warrant does not make someone a criminal. I’d exclude that portion.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Follow the facts

Root cause? All that to arrive at being forgetful is the root cause?

We’re not talking about root cause. We’re talking about responsibility. Both parties are responsible and contributed to the outcome.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Root cause? All that to arrive at being forgetful is the root cause?

We’re not talking about root cause. We’re talking about responsibility. Both parties are responsible and contributed to the outcome.
    Essentially they’re saying because there’s was a warrant for his arrest, that his failure to comply is the ultimate reason he is dead; as if that is a justification for the bad actions on the officer’s part. I don’t believe that people who hold this notion have thought their option through all that thoroughly.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Essentially they’re saying because there’s was a warrant for his arrest, that his failure to comply is the ultimate reason he is dead; as if that is a justification for the bad actions on the officer’s part. I don’t believe that people who hold this notion have thought their option through all that thoroughly.
    While I would argue that the decedent didn't do anything helpful to his longevity, mistaking or "mistaking", as the case may be, a Glock for a taser is a pretty difficult excuse to accept. I don't see this ending with anything less than a manslaughter conviction. As Kirk would say, "Holy Mother of Pearl!"

For the record, I am going to speculate that as this ramps up we will hear the mob claim it was deliberate, although at minimum evil intent will be virtually impossible to prove, even if it does exist.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like Ben Crump found himself another payday. He's the Wright family's attorney.

He seems to have cornered the lucrative market. I'm sure he wasted no time getting there to offer his services.

Top Bottom