• ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So, this video (if accurate):

Is a bit different than what was originally stated upstream.

As alleged:

-Directing the DOJ to work on rules to ban "ghost guns" in 30 days. We won't know how until 30 days from now. I imagine it will be what I already think is going to happen.
    -Direct DOJ to get pistol braces banned within 60 days. Already their stated agenda. A nothing EO.
    -Develop red flag legislation federally within 60 days. Already their stated agenda. A nothing EO.
    -Call on DOJ to issue firearms trafficking reports (why wouldn't they do this now?) - Sounds like another nothing EO.
    -Call on congress to close background check "loopholes". Already their stated agenda. A nothing EO.

Sounds like those are the heavy hitters for tomorrow and they're all nothing at this point. A bunch of "directing". Obama did all the same crap, and so did Trump really.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So, this video (if accurate):

Is a bit different than what was originally stated upstream.

As alleged:

-Directing the DOJ to work on rules to ban "ghost guns" in 30 days. We won't know how until 30 days from now. I imagine it will be what I already think is going to happen.
    -Direct DOJ to get pistol braces banned within 60 days. Already their stated agenda. A nothing EO.
    -Develop red flag legislation federally within 60 days. Already their stated agenda. A nothing EO.
    -Call on DOJ to issue firearms trafficking reports (why wouldn't they do this now?) - Sounds like another nothing EO.
    -Call on congress to close background check "loopholes". Already their stated agenda. A nothing EO.

Sounds like those are the heavy hitters for tomorrow and they're all nothing at this point. A bunch of "directing". Obama did all the same crap, and so did Trump really.

We shall see if they are as impotent as Joe himself.

Slippery slope....at least as slippery as a staircase to a plane.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    We shall see if they are as impotent as Joe himself.

Slippery slope....at least as slippery as a staircase to a plane.

EOs directing people to do what they already said they were going to do is just a dog and pony show for the press. This is nothing. The product of it could become something, but we already knew that.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    And the idiocy begins on the news of EOs on "ghost guns"

NoGoJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2021
    Zionsville
    And the idiocy begins on the news of EOs on "ghost guns"

That hilarious, sadly they might actually get a buyer.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    He can "encourage" his new ATF head to reclassify 80% to be considered a firearm.

He can, but then the have to reclassify what a firearm is and that's going to be a monster can of worms. If it gets much less than an 80%, then an iron pipe is a firearm and Home Depot and Lowes are the biggest arms dealers in the world.

Gonna be fun to watch this play out.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    They're not firearms. This EO doesn't effect them. Once they become firearms then they're subject to NICS just like they already were.
    I took it to mean that all 80% lowers will have a serial # so they can be called in? But for all those sold before the dictators EO will they be g'fathered in or have to be serialized and reported?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I took it to mean that all 80% lowers will have a serial # so they can be called in? But for all those sold before the dictators EO will they be g'fathered in or have to be serialized and reported?

But 80%s aren't firearms. Are we going to serialize black iron pipe too? Hummm...

Grandfathering hasn't been too terribly popular the last 5 or 6 years so I don't think that's the plan either. I think their honest plan now that more details have come to light is to try to outright ban 80%s in any condition (80%, 81%, or 100%). I think they're going to find out immediately that pretty much isn't possible, so we'll end up with some milquetoast nonsense like all firearms need a serial number to be transferred. Then the C&R community is going to lose their minds because heaps of historical guns aren't serialized. Then they'll dial it off into even more nothingness of utility to pretty much anyone.

That's not a perfect calibration of my crystal ball, but I suspect that basically nonsense, or lawsuits, will come out of it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I thought that the constitution limits the federal government to controlling commerce between the states, not within. So if a company makes firearms and sells them everywhere it can be controlled but if an individual makes it for himself without selling it out of state, the feds shouldnt have anything do say on the matter.
    Your first mistake was thinking that our constitution actually limits government. Present jurisprudence is more along the lines of how Ed Harris’ federal agent character described his power to Tom Cruise’s Mitch Mcdeere:

Top Bottom