• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    . I've actually shot one inside before, and while I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, it did the job and didn't cause any damage to the wall other than cosmetic, and it took care of the problem.
    I put a scope on my GG and sighted it in the (unfinished) basement. Put the target on an old door propped up against the wall, no problem.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    While .22 shotshells are admittedly a very specialized round with a very specific application, there are times when that's exactly what you need. They can kill vermin without causing damage to surrounding structures, and there's no risk of sending a bullet 2 blocks over and hitting the neighbors house. I've tested the ones I have and they won't even penetrate 3/8" drywall. I've actually shot one inside before, and while I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, it did the job and didn't cause any damage to the wall other than cosmetic, and it took care of the problem. Do that with a .410 or even .38 snakeshot and you're going to be doing some significant patching if not structural repairs.

I don't have a garden gun...I use them out of a 3" J-Frame or a Single-Six. I live in an unincorporated area, but there are other houses around so while it's legal to shoot stuff, you do have to be very careful about bullet travel and over-penetration even with a .22. The shotshells solve that problem, and they kill little rodents stone dead without any drama.
    I've used them in my marlin 60. Had a mouse run from by stove to behind fridge. Moved frige out a lil an shot it from 3ft away. No damage except the mouse . Also used on a new deck. Mice popped their heads out and the end.. left lil tiny marks in the wood. Now when i used a mini mag to pop a big opossum in the head at 6ft away, bullet went thru head and penetrated 1/4" into wood.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You know what, i have a couple 22LR shotshells. I found them in a High Standard derringer a family member gave me. I did my usual okay check this damn thing to see it was loaded, and what the hell.. wait.. what hell are these. These are not like the CCI ones, they have a crimped brass end.

Also, CCI has them in stock, on their page.

How much and where was that Garden Gun?
    I believe it was $369 and it was at Applied in Lafayette.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just found these last week, buried amongst the clutter.
    I have no idea where they came from or when.
    Likely someone gave them to me.
    I'm sure I didn't buy them. View attachment 259808 View attachment 259809
    All I have right now is .22wmr and the Garden gun is .22lr.
    Out of impatience waiting on the long rifle shotshells I decided to run a couple of the magnums through my Heritage Rough Rider.
    I have a bullet trap that I shot into from about 6'.
    I was surprised that the pattern was as small as it was for a rifled barrel but what I found amusing was I found the over powder shot card embedded in the target.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    if you don't have .22 shotshells now, you ain't gonna get any. I have a small stash my dad keeps using up. I switched to 9mm flobert a couple years ago, and that has all disappeared now, too.
    Well, that's not quite so...
    I didn't have any, and now I do!
    Thank you Ingo.
    It's true you know,
    It's not what you know, but who you know.
    I know Ingo! IMG_20230321_170011350_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom