• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    After they stopped allowing "NEW" machine guns to be manufactured in 1986 all kinds of things became "machine guns". Think along the lines of the bumpstock debacle.
    Trigger packs with full auto parts, such as disconnectors and hammers, were only able to be purchased if you already owned a registered receiver. Auto sears had to be registered with a serial number, which is what the s shaped piece is. It is ridiculous.
    Had the opportunity years ago to shoot a Glock 18c at a local Wounded Warrior event in Boone county with Pat Rogers (RIP). It was fairly easy to keep 5-7 round bursts on target out to about 30-40 feet. The week part was the extended magazines. The spring strength wasn't enough to keep up. It ran fine with 17 round magazines though. We probably ran over a thousand rounds through it and that was the only issue.

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Ok. Post trial? Any news releases? Any ATF statements? https://www.atf.gov/news/press-releases for example. Self-reporting on a forum is hardly the only way for an arrest or trial to become public knowledge.
    All the letters and door service livestreams were happening during the time the bois were wearing igloo shirts. I only saw videos of arrests and summons services. I have no idea if they ever got charged. I know there were a rash of convictions in Chicago for possession of them that was in the news

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    All the letters and door service livestreams were happening during the time the bois were wearing igloo shirts. I only saw videos of arrests and summons services. I have no idea if they ever got charged. I know there were a rash of convictions in Chicago for possession of them that was in the news
    He was formally charged in Hendricks Count Superior 5 (32D05-2111-F4-000044) on 11/1/21 with 3 counts:

35-47-5-8/F5: Possession of a Machine Gun

35-47-5-9/F4: Operating a Loaded Machine Gun

35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Years ago I read about a 1920's criminal who had a select fire 1911. It had 3rd burst fire. It was made that way by a gunsmith around Chicago. I wish I could find that book it had all the names of the criminal and the gunsmith. The gunsmith also worked over the BAR and Thompson and made them more controllable. IIRC he also shorted the BAR length.

I wonder how controllable a 3rd burst 1911 would be?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A gun shop in Crawfordsville that was mainly a shotgunners shop had picked up a box of spare parts. In with the parts was an auto select trigger group for an M-16. He got in trouble over the parts without installing them in anything.

National Match shooters would use a slightly heavier M-16 firing pin in Semi Auto only AR-15's. One year vendors row was not allowed to sell the firing pins any more. I was there with the Indiana state team, and no one checked our rifles. I assume some were running the heavier firing pins

I disagree that possession of a part constitutes a whole machine. I can own a Ferrari cam shaft, but I am still driving a Mercury. I know the law cares nothing about my opinion. (or common sense)

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Years ago I read about a 1920's criminal who had a select fire 1911. It had 3rd burst fire. It was made that way by a gunsmith around Chicago. I wish I could find that book it had all the names of the criminal and the gunsmith. The gunsmith also worked over the BAR and Thompson and made them more controllable. IIRC he also shorted the BAR length.

Not very. Ever had a part break while at the range? Zero fun!!!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

A damaged contact point on a hammer or sear in a 1911 will sometimes go full auto. A tiny amount of sear engagement will hold the hammer until you pull the trigger, and then the vibration will overcome the poor engagement. It fires until the magazine is empty. Uncontrollable.I have seen it happen after a neophyte tried to do his first trigger job. Keep those seer engagements bigger than .019" and make sure the angles are right, And don't use bargain basement parts.

I had heard about 1928's having their fire rate slowed to make them more controllable. I think even the later factory ones were made that way.

Levergun1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2021
    Kingman
    We had a guy, here in the county, a year and a half, two years ago, that got drunk and fired a burst from an unregistered Uzi through his living room wall and into the house next door.

Of course the Feds were notified and they showed up. The State has prosecuted the guy on several charges.
    Spoke to one of the lead Deputies, a few months ago. The Feds had yet to prosecute the guy. Their reason given.....they were still unclear if the Uzi was full auto or not. Seriously?

They are so confident that little bits of plastic, metal, wire or unicorn poop, in a person's possession, will turn a firearm into a machinegun but when they actually have one in their possession, they can't figure it out in a year or two?

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    A gun shop in Crawfordsville that was mainly a shotgunners shop had picked up a box of spare parts. In with the parts was an auto select trigger group for an M-16. He got in trouble over the parts without installing them in anything.

National Match shooters would use a slightly heavier M-16 firing pin in Semi Auto only AR-15's. One year vendors row was not allowed to sell the firing pins any more. I was there with the Indiana state team, and no one checked our rifles. I assume some were running the heavier firing pins

I disagree that possession of a part constitutes a whole machine. I can own a Ferrari cam shaft, but I am still driving a Mercury. I know the law cares nothing about my opinion. (or common sense)
    Yes , but if you own a Ferrari and have a full auto Ferrari camshaft, well, you're going away for a long time.....................

Reactions: Leo

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I had to laugh at the last two lines of the article.

“If we get them off the street they’re not going to be involved in violent crimes and the potential for retaliation diminishes because they’re off the street,” said Foley.

Phillips was released from the Hendricks County jail last week on a work release pending trial.
    It's the gun parts that are evil. The kid was an innocent bystander.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Would you have to have the part in the firearm for it to be illegal? Not selective fire like an M16 but basically on-off?

G17 is very manageable, with semi-automatic fire. Full-auto I gotta think, that's a handful and about shot #5 you are pointing at the sky.
    Yes. I was shooting a G18 at one of the proteq shoots. I think it Belonged to Rafferty.

I was rising off the target by the 4th shot. So I’m unless you are well trained that full auto won’t be very helpful.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes. I was shooting a G18 at one of the proteq shoots. I think it Belonged to Rafferty.

I was rising off the target by the 4th shot. So I’m unless you are well trained that full auto won’t be very helpful.
    I shot a Tommy Gun several years back. 3-4 round bursts it was very manageable. Writing your name with a 50 round drum? I don't think so and I have an illegible signature.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The first 15K or so Thompsons were Colt manufactured 1921s and had a higher rate of fire. When they got a contract from the navy it requested the rate be reduced so many of the 21s were converted to 28s and referred to by collectors as 28 overstamp guns. The 1928 goes through various changes as WW2 ramps up, but retains it's basic design with the Blish lock. Under pressure from Savage the gun is redesigned to the M1 first and finally the M1A1.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    He has an auto sear button for the glocks and a dias for the AR
    Yes, and that's incredibly stupid of him. The point still remains. 90% of what's in the picture represents a fairly pedestrian gun collection. But because scary guns are bad, you wind up with this fanned out collection posted on the dining room table. It's all pushing the narrative.

Top Bottom