• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I think it is a terrible waste of costly ammunition to use one, yeah it may be fun once in a while but at what cost.

When I worked In a gun store/range three guys came in with a new full auto Uzi and proceeded to load three magazines with 30 rounds each out of two 50 round boxes of 9mm ammo. Then each one shot at the target, it took like 5 - 6 seconds and the fun was over.

I've always been a one shot one kill kind of guy.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    View attachment 169195

This is the offending part, sitting on the table next to the S shaped piece of plastic. DO NOT BUY unless you want want a visit from ATF agents and U.S. Postal Inspectors.

The S shaped piece of plastic is for converting the AR.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Would you have to have the part in the firearm for it to be illegal?

No, there is also constructive possession. There are multiple factors there and I don't know all the nuances. On one end you'd have the gun and the device stored together and no other use for the device. That's pretty much a slam dunk for constructive possession.

Same device, but you own an Airsoft Glock, it's stored with the Airsoft, and you use it while playing Airsoft. The device itself isn't illegal and an airsoft gun isn't a firearm, so no legal issues there. It may be fuzzier if you also own a real Glock that the device is compatible with. I don't know how that would be decided. Proximity will matter. Say I leave my Airsoft Glock with the device at my cabin near where I play airsoft and my real Glock at my primary residence. I would think that would be a much harder case to make for constructive possession since the pieces to make an illegal machinegun are never in the same physical space. I want to emphasize again that I claim no expertise to this area of law and can't say for sure that this sort of arrangement would be ok legally. Just I think it probably would.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's one of those things that really needs a clear cut law. Back in the 80s when the flood of broomhandles came into the states, attaching a stock to them put them under the NFA. In a remarkable display of good judgement, the ATF ruled that you could attach a stock, old or new to the pistols and still be exempt from NFA as long as the stocks were attached to origional guns and looked like broomhandle stock holsters. I've shot and worked with these guns for a long time and it was a good decision, although I still got flak from well meaning experts at gun ranges about it. The ruling was very clear, nothing fuzzy about it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Would you have to have the part in the firearm for it to be illegal? Not selective fire like an M16 but basically on-off?

G17 is very manageable, with semi-automatic fire. Full-auto I gotta think, that's a handful and about shot #5 you are pointing at the sky.
    The feds were gathering up guys ordering them from etsy and fb. No installation needed to have atf show up

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    View attachment 169195

This is the offending part, sitting on the table next to the S shaped piece of plastic. DO NOT BUY unless you want want a visit from ATF agents and U.S. Postal Inspectors.
    Thanks for the link.
    With the pictures I finally understand how it would work. My brain was stuck on AR15 not a Glock.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    No, there is also constructive possession. There are multiple factors there and I don't know all the nuances. On one end you'd have the gun and the device stored together and no other use for the device. That's pretty much a slam dunk for constructive possession.

Same device, but you own an Airsoft Glock, it's stored with the Airsoft, and you use it while playing Airsoft. The device itself isn't illegal and an airsoft gun isn't a firearm, so no legal issues there. It may be fuzzier if you also own a real Glock that the device is compatible with. I don't know how that would be decided. Proximity will matter. Say I leave my Airsoft Glock with the device at my cabin near where I play airsoft and my real Glock at my primary residence. I would think that would be a much harder case to make for constructive possession since the pieces to make an illegal machinegun are never in the same physical space. I want to emphasize again that I claim no expertise to this area of law and can't say for sure that this sort of arrangement would be ok legally. Just I think it probably would.
    Atf was following the switches from the time they came off the China boat to people's doors. So many that the atf had a postcard that basically said we seized your switch and a field agent will visit you when they get a chance. They were prosecuting or at least attempting to prosecute just based on ppl ordering it. When they were on wish there were a lot of videos of atf knocking

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    View attachment 169195

Amazon is getting worse than eBay. They will let their members sell anything, legal or not.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    Atf was following the switches from the time they came off the China boat to people's doors. So many that the atf had a postcard that basically said we seized your switch and a field agent will visit you when they get a chance. They were prosecuting or at least attempting to prosecute just based on ppl ordering it. When they were on wish there were a lot of videos of atf knocking
    A little over-reaching by the ATF. Wonder how they got their hands on the list of buyers.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Any successful prosecutions? I remember people talking about ATF visits but never saw any with arrests or trials.

Top Bottom