• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Yes, and that's incredibly stupid of him. The point still remains. 90% of what's in the picture represents a fairly pedestrian gun collection. But because scary guns are bad, you wind up with this fanned out collection posted on the dining room table. It's all pushing the narrative.
    6/11 guns in the picture are literally machine guns with the parts he has on the table and allegedly ran them. This just isn't really pushing narrative. It's a rare instance of facts.

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    I hadn't seen this discussed anywhere, since we are a discussion forum I thought I'd throw this out there.

HENDRICKS COUNTY, Ind. – A Hendricks County teen is facing felony charges for possession of a machine gun and is believed to be connected to nearly a dozen shootings around Indianapolis.

After raiding the suspect’s home on east County Road 400 south in Clayton, southwest district officers searched his parent’s home on Bertha street in late October.

Officers seized a table full of guns including six handguns, an AR-15, four long guns, two drum magazines and a 3d printed drop-in which converts guns into fully automatic weapons.

"Drop-in". This isn't upgrading your RAM, it's a little more complicated.

noah-phillips-guns-1.jpg

OK, four long guns with wood furniture. A Henry lever gun, I think the far left is a Remington Model 58, on the right is a tube-fed .22 and what I'm thinking is another Remington semi-auto shotgun.

One pistol-length AR with ONE PMag.

One nickel Model 36 S&W

One S&W Shield

I'm thinking two Glock 17 Gen 3s

Two Glock 19 Gen 5's

The drum mags are for a Glock

“He’s a person of interest in at least a dozen shots fired incidents, including shots fired into a residence and at least one person shot,” said Foley.

It sounds like a bad guy from a bad family was taken off the street. That is a good thing. It seems like the story is missing the mark with MACHINE GUNS!! :runaway: :runaway::runaway:

It is incredibly easy to use a drop in auto sear. It’s easier than drilling a third hole and installing M16 trigger parts.

On a separate note, after looking at some of the comments, I don’t know why people are treating the topic of full-auto like voldemorts name. It’s legal to talk about the topic, even going as far as how to do it. Just as long as you DONT DO IT, then there is no crime being committed.

I can’t wait until the NFA is repealed though.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It is incredibly easy to use a drop in auto sear. It’s easier than drilling a third hole and installing M16 trigger parts.

On a separate note, after looking at some of the comments, I don’t know why people are treating the topic of full-auto like voldemorts name. It’s legal to talk about the topic, even going as far as how to do it. Just as long as you DONT DO IT, then there is no crime being committed.

I can’t wait until the NFA is repealed though.
    Maybe when monkeys fly out of my butt…. A 100% Senate and House of Representatives and President wouldn’t do it. Ever.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Maybe when monkeys fly out of my butt…. A 100% Senate and House of Representatives and President wouldn’t do it. Ever.
    They couldn't pass the "Hearing Protection" act in the first 2 years of Trump's Presidency when the Republicans controlled the House, Senate and the Presidency. So as cb said, "Maybe when monkeys fly out our butts.." we may see something change in regards to the NFA.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Leadership as a group is never going to be comfortable with the idea of ordinary people owning guns, period. Some might compromise to get votes, but in the end their thinking is basically "Fuddistic."

I'd settle for just going back to the way things were in the early 80s before the Hugh's Amendment, but I don't ever see that happening. Handguns were the left's great evil in those days, but a lot has changed since then.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    He has making replacement back plates for Glocks, making them full auto. There were lots of them being sold locally. This was also likely connected to guns involved in local homicides.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I see no need of a full auto as a civilian. However, a fast 2rd burst could be very effective. IIRC the Russians made a gun that had a very fast two round burst. I can't remember what it was called now. Its been to long ago. IIRC it was made for the Spetsnaz.

Reason I don't like full auto is the lack of accuracy and waste of ammunition.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    No, there is also constructive possession. There are multiple factors there and I don't know all the nuances. On one end you'd have the gun and the device stored together and no other use for the device. That's pretty much a slam dunk for constructive possession.

Same device, but you own an Airsoft Glock, it's stored with the Airsoft, and you use it while playing Airsoft. The device itself isn't illegal and an airsoft gun isn't a firearm, so no legal issues there. It may be fuzzier if you also own a real Glock that the device is compatible with. I don't know how that would be decided. Proximity will matter. Say I leave my Airsoft Glock with the device at my cabin near where I play airsoft and my real Glock at my primary residence. I would think that would be a much harder case to make for constructive possession since the pieces to make an illegal machinegun are never in the same physical space. I want to emphasize again that I claim no expertise to this area of law and can't say for sure that this sort of arrangement would be ok legally. Just I think it probably would.
    This. Back during the dark days of the O' Great One's reign, I read a legal review about a "home-grown terrorist". He had all the parts to make his rifles full auto and materials needed to create a make-shift suppressor. The materials for the suppressor, you ask? A Maglite, duct tape, and some other seemingly miscellaneous items. Nothing was together. The argument from .gov was that he had both possession of needed items as well as the know-how to assemble them. I guess .gov could paint an ugly picture of a "survivalist" if the poor soul had a pocket knife, cargo pants and a tent.

Top Bottom