• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So I just bought a new cz scorpion micro and it’s the new version with a flash can instead of a fake suppressor. I want to remove it and screw on my real one but it’s down in the hand guard. Any thoughts? Can I just twist the can off ?

chef1231

Expert
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Okay well I did not have a heat gun but a little lite hand torch seemed to do the trick. Holy cow was that thing on there. lol

tv1217

N6OTB
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I think the micro has a kinda castle nut situation, right? Doesn't help you much now but when I was looking into getting one, I remember seeing a video where the guy used some kind of spanner wrench that was made for changing the wheels on a grinder. Maybe it will help someone else.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you want the barrel nut off (which holds the handguard on) you'll need a 21mm deep well socket. Or you can buy the expensive "made specifically for the Scorpion" tool that a few folks make/sell.

I got lucky in that my flash can was just on there without thread locker. Once I was able to brace the gun, the flash can came right off. 1/2x28 threads on that side of things, too.

I have a fear that my booster/spacer (integral to the suppressor) will spin off the can and get stuck inside the handguard of my Scorpion. So I bought the socket to get the retaining nut off should I ever decide to replace the handguard.

Top Bottom