• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Anyone willing to install a pair of night sights for me on a S&W Shield for me? I tried to use an old sight pusher that I bought years ago, but I’m not able to get it done. Im pretty sure the sight tool is broken. If you’re willing to help, I’m located in Indianapolis.

Kyle

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If CM can't get it for some reason, see if Kenny at Bradis (@Simon6101 here on INGO) can help you out. Super good guy and he's an S&W armored I believe. He installed a set of trijicon's on my compact 2.0. No idea on the shields but I believe the M&P have a spring under the rear sight.

Kenny's the man and has helped me on more than one occasion.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Listen yo: The sights on the Shield pistols (at least the Gen 1) are ON THERE GOOD AND TIGHT.

Like make you cuss your mamma tight.

you're all now forewarned.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes, the spring, a cap and the striker block are kept in by the rear sight.

I changed mine the old fashioned way; with a hammer and a drift. Other than my latest one leaving some brass discoloration, it went well.

I would have liked to use a pusher, but I don't know of any around me, I'm impatient and I will mark up my pistol shooting it more than what I did installing the sights.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I picked this up a couple years ago, and it's paid for itself. The best advice I can give since it doesn't have good gradient markings is to use a graphite pencil or maybe a bit of masking tape to mark center. I also wrap my slide contact points with electrical tape to avoid any scratches. The only slide it doesn't work well on is Berettas (for the rear sights) with their slide mounted decockers as they are a bit too wide, but truly this works super well at a reasonable price point.

Amazon product ASIN B016R4DXJW

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Anyone willing to install a pair of night sights for me on a S&W Shield for me? I tried to use an old sight pusher that I bought years ago, but I’m not able to get it done. Im pretty sure the sight tool is broken. If you’re willing to help, I’m located in Indianapolis.

Kyle
    So - did you get the sights installed?

Top Bottom