• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sthunter987

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Johnson County
    Set backs are understandable. We've all had them so don't get your hopes down. Good news though this gives you time to research and monitor pricing trends. Take your time, cash in hand opens alot of options.

You might want to consider your local gun range and renting a few different options. It's a cheap way to learn what you like and any day at the range is a good day.

Cheeki Breeki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Muncie
    The Norinco 1911a1 clones are overbuilt and the best bang for your buck at that price point but they’re few and far between nowadays it seems. A lot of them can be found with aftermarket goodies attached which makes finding stock NIB ones harder to acquire but on the bright side it’s a benefit to be able to get a used 1911a1 with a bunch of bells and whistles for a reasonable price. I like them a lot.

Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    You’ll never regret a Springfield, Ruger or Smith & Wesson. All well made and all have excellent warranties. Dan Wesson is outstanding for the money.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You guys should know the OP went on the absolute cheap and tainted himself with a Taurus a buddy had laying in the safe.

How long have you, I mean his buddy, had that Taurus in the safe?

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I ran in to a small setback. My car died, and I had to spend a good portion of my sock drawer fund to fix it. Maybe someday I will get my covid bucks, and I can start looking again.
    I hear you. I had to put a clutch in my truck but was delaying it had my heart set on a Standard Manufacturing blue 1911. Then my cars brakes went out that needed new master cylinder, and 2 rotors. So I picked up the clutch kit at the same time because I was getting 15% over $300 at the parts store. Then had a family emergency and that set me back yet again.

Last edited:

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    You guys should know the OP went on the absolute cheap and tainted himself with a Taurus a buddy had laying in the safe.
    Well, close. My wife decided she was tired of my fleet of unreliable cheap cars, so now I have a new Subaru.

I'm still working on the 1911.

Cheeki Breeki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Muncie
    Well, close. My wife decided she was tired of my fleet of unreliable cheap cars, so now I have a new Subaru.

I'm still working on the 1911.
    Look at it this way you may be 1911less momentarily but at least you’ve got a reliable vehicle that’s fuel efficient! I had to sell an Ithaca deerslayer to get my car rewired, have the alternator replaced, and throw a new set of tires on there and as soon as I go to get it out of the shop the starter went out the moment I brought it home and parked it so I can empathize. :wallbash: A week after I got it back the automotive shop that did the work randomly burned to the ground coincidentally.:wrongdoor:

Top Bottom