• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had no idea it would be this hard to find an $800.00 1911. I did find a Springfield mil-spec on GB for $700.00. But I'm not crazy about the mil spec look.

Too bad I don't want a Kimber, I found a couple of those for sale.

Still hoping for a deal on a nice used one before my wife spends my gun money on house stuff.
    Oh no./ You did not tell her where it was did you.....:dunno:

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I am with Tyler on this one, just do what can go wrong?
    I have 2 DW and a third on the way but I am sure you have self control.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you can track one down on here or add a few hundos I recommend sig 1911s. I've got a spartan and nitron. Both solid shooters. But like any 1911 you'll probably be doing some upgrades over time. But thats all fun and games

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    If upgrades are the plan steer clear of the Sig line.
    Just saying there are much better offerings if mod's are in the plans.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just depends on what the individual wants. If you want a solid 1911 out of the box that you don't HAVE to do upgrades to sig is a good buy. If you know you want to upgrade them go remington or Springfield. Stay away from kimber

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Good points all.

But, myself, no sigs. Those are Faux 1911's IMHO.
    My opinion and $1.25 might get a small coffee at the corner joint.

Soooo many love the Sig Marque. If you do and you own them.....enjoy them.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Time to address the S&W. Who thought CM would fix an SW1911? LOL, another faux 1911. Just saying. Now I on the other hand carry one.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I would have to say...spend the xtra and get a DW...something along the Valor or other. OR...get an OLDER early Kimber, or Springer. It may take some shopping, and of course I am talking used here, but I LOVE buying someone's "used" handgun that they barely got dirty. Saves a ton and I like to be the one to break it in MY way anyway.

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    Well, if you’re still looking for one, I have a Springfield Range Officer Operator, that’s taking up valuable safe real estate.

I bought it new, and it’s still unfired. Depending on where you are located, I’m in NWI, I’d be happy to meet up with you, so you could have a look at it.

I would be more than fair on the price, and I’d even throw in a couple of extra goodies !

Just an FYI, If we came to an agreement on it, I would just want to see an INDL and a LTCH.

Anywho, no pressure, just throwing it out there. If you’re interested, just send me a message !

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, if you’re still looking for one, I have a Springfield Range Officer Operator, that’s taking up valuable safe real estate.

I bought it new, and it’s still unfired. Depending on where you are located, I’m in NWI, I’d be happy to meet up with you, so you could have a look at it.

I would be more than fair on the price, and I’d even throw in a couple of extra goodies !

Just an FYI, If we came to an agreement on it, I would just want to see an INDL and a LTCH.

Anywho, no pressure, just throwing it out there. If you’re interested, just send me a message !
    Post an ad in the classified section. That's usually how it works.

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    Post an ad in the classified section. That's usually how it works.
    Yeah, I’m not really looking to sell it. Just thought I’d offer it to this person. Seems like what they’re looking for.

A moderator can delete it, if they feel it’s necessary. Or, I’ll gladly delete it myself, if I broke some kind of rule, or offended anyone!

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I ran in to a small setback. My car died, and I had to spend a good portion of my sock drawer fund to fix it. Maybe someday I will get my covid bucks, and I can start looking again.

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    I ran in to a small setback. My car died, and I had to spend a good portion of my sock drawer fund to fix it. Maybe someday I will get my covid bucks, and I can start looking again.
    Sorry to hear that! When you do start looking again, they’ll be there! There’s already been some excellent suggestions made. Good luck!

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Hang in there! We've ALL been there...don't even get me started on what I had to sell to buy this for the family, fix this, repair this, or replace this, or pay off college school bills for kiddo's. Life always happens. And whenever that "life-happened"...it was always worth it! :)

SEKLEM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    They do make some of the best looking ones out there, but I doubt I would ever buy another one.

There's a few Kimbers that I've found pleasing to look at, but overall they're not my cup of tea. I have owned only one, PRO CDP Ultra II, and the MIM parts felt like plastic, and looked it as well. The gun was very light however, I'm sure it would have carried well for a commander 1911.

That said, I know I'm late to this party, but the Ronin is a nice looking and feeling gun. It appears to be very high quality and fit and finish is a cut above anything else I've looked at recently.

Top Bottom