• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greatwhite223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Rural LaGrange
    Below are a few images of the rifle that I have that I am not sure what it is. There are not really any markings that I see. Any help is appreciated. I guess I would also be curious on an approximate value as well.
    IMG_20220111_164755371_HDR.jpg IMG_20220111_164713322_HDR.jpg IMG_20220111_164700638.jpg IMG_20220111_164735838_HDR.jpg

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Well I am stumped. Is the rear sight missing parts? Where did you get it?

Maybe an old 1879 Winchester-Hotchkiss rifle. Not 100% sure. Would be .45-70 if so.

Last edited:

greatwhite223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Rural LaGrange
    A rotary magazine? I guess I never looked that close. I bought a pile of bolt action rifles off a guy 5 or 8 years back. He didn't know what they were, and all I recognized were the Mosin Nagants because I had a few.
    I recently came across the five or so I had left and started looking into / asking what they were.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A rotary magazine? I guess I never looked that close. I bought a pile of bolt action rifles off a guy 5 or 8 years back. He didn't know what they were, and all I recognized were the Mosin Nagants because I had a few.
    I recently came across the five or so I had left and started looking into / asking what they were.
    One of the originals has been on my wish list forever. Trouble is, most of them that show up for sale (which isn't very often) have usually been beat to death. I even still have a box of ammo that I bought "just in case" I ever found one of the rifles. :):

RaoulHayduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    West of Indy
    Let's see the rest of the rifles.

greatwhite223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Rural LaGrange
    Well this one I think is some sort of Mosin Nagant. I am not sure what model, but it does have the same barrel length as my M44. It is missing the hood for the front site and the bolt. The stock does not have finger groves, so it makes me think it is a modified stock from something else, not just sporterized. The bore looks good, so I would at least like to find a bolt for it and make it fire able.

Attachments

• MN1.jpg
      MN1.jpg
      327 KB · Views: 11
    • MN2.jpg
      MN2.jpg
      297.2 KB · Views: 11
    • MN3.jpg
      MN3.jpg
      325.5 KB · Views: 11

RaoulHayduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    West of Indy
    Well, it's too early to be an M44, and the rear sight is carbine length. Assuming the barrel hasn't been shortened any, it should just be a matter of dropping it into the right stock.

greatwhite223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Rural LaGrange
    I would never claim to be bi-lingual, but I believe this is a Spanish Mauser? Or maybe from Mexico? It is missing the bottom plate and the end barrel band. Not sure if those are difficult to track down or not?

Attachments

• SP1.jpg
      SP1.jpg
      234.5 KB · Views: 11
    • SP2.jpg
      SP2.jpg
      323.8 KB · Views: 11
    • SP3.jpg
      SP3.jpg
      357.4 KB · Views: 11
    Top Bottom