• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I went through this earlier in the year. I ordered a Dead Air Mask for the .22 can, a Dead Air Nomad-L for the .30 cal, and am leaning toward the Rugged Obsidian 45 for a pistol can. I'm still waiting for the stamps for the first two.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    This is something that I have always worried about. You see lifetime warranty thrown around a lot but a couple guys working in their garage might not be around when you need them.

I think way too many people in the gun world rely too heavily on the word, warranty. I want guns built with enough quality that I will never need to use their warranty.

4x4strongman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 16, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I originally thought I'd buy 1 "do-it-all" and went with the SilencerCo Hybrid 46. It is now my rifle can (AR and 308 bolt gun) and attaches to a muzzle device. I have a pistol can (SiCo Octane 45k) that direct threads on. Now I have a SiCo Omega 9k in jail along with a Noveske Space Invader that the can is dedicated to - it attaches with a 3 lug.

I stuck with 1 brand, because in the event I want to switch up the lineup its easier to just buy a different muzzle device than it is to buy a new can.

I've been wanting to jump on the train, but I am impatient. I have been thinking about getting a do-it-all suppressor for .22, 9mm, .223, and 308/300 win mag.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've been wanting to jump on the train, but I am impatient. I have been thinking about getting a do-it-all suppressor for .22, 9mm, .223, and 308/300 win mag.
    Anything that would suppress a 300 win mag is going to be big and heavy. You would not want to use that with a 22.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Anything that would suppress a 300 win mag is going to be big and heavy. You would not want to use that with a 22.

Yup. My Griffin Optimus is rated for 22 to 300 win mag. There's no way I'd hang that pig off the end of a 22.

sgthud

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Fishers
    I agree with those that suggest figure out what you want first. Not a big fan of one suppressor doing all...just because it can do it, dosen't mean it should do it.

I will caution that supressors are a slippery slope...once you buy one and shoot with it, you will be shopping for another one shortly after. I got one dedicated to my 6.5 and 7.62 rifles, another for my rimfires, then got crazy needed one for my scorpion evo and kriss vector, and my last one is for all my 5.56s.

Top Bottom