HEA 1296 Signed, Gov Holcomb Now on the Pro-2A Bandwagon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    INGO a week ago: "Eff Holcomb! He's a spineless weenie. I won't vote for him for him dog catcher if he doesn't sign the CC bill."

Holcomb signs CC bill.

INGO immediately after: "Eff Holcomb! He's a spineless weenie. I won't vote for him for him dog catcher despite him signing the CC bill."

Never change fellas.
    What went unspoken in both of those quotes is that Holcomb was, is, and continues to be, a spineless, pandering weenie and his vote or non-vote on Constitutional Carry does not change that fact. We can do better.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm a bit cynical even with ConC becoming law 1 July 2022. Same guy who said basically F-your Constitutional Rights when the question on Constitutional Carry came up at the 2020 debates. Same guy who sent his hyperbolic ISP Superintendent to spout unsubstantiated garbage at House and Senate hearings while in uniform. Same guy who DIDN'T sign HEA 1296 on the 15, 16, 17th, or 18th.

Without NRA-ILA (AKA NRA members), ISRPA (AKA ISRPA members), and yes INGO (AKA US!!! We the INGO? I like that!!) melting the phone lines, filling the inboxes, mailboxes, FAX hoppers, etc... would HEA 1296 be the law of the land in 99 days?

Did the internal numbers say to go this route for his political future? Does he think we won't remember?

One hour after HEA 1296 was signed, this hit my SPAM folder:

KellyinAvon,

As the Party of Purpose, we’re focused on providing solutions to the issues that matter to you the most.

Will you please take our brief survey to let us know YOUR top issue? It will tak e ONLY 2 MINUTES!
    CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE POLL

(Poll choices included 2nd Amendment)

From runaway inflation to a crisis at the southern border, America is facing a lot of tough issues right now. But Republicans are ready to get to work to on your behalf and provide desperately needed solutions.

So don’t wait – please take a moment to submit your answers right now.

Thanks for your quick response,

Research @ Indiana Republican Party

Yesterday from Kyle Hupfer:

KellyinAvon,

Our Second Amendment rights are stronger than ever here in Indiana, thanks to the leadership of Republicans in the legislature and Governor Eric Holcomb.

This week, Governor Holcomb signed HB 1296 into law, which means that Hoosiers ages 18 and older will no longer be required to get a permit in order to carry a handgun. Indiana joins 23 other states with similar laws, including Vermont, which has had a constitutional carry law in place since it became a state.

Importantly, all citizens who are prohibited under state or federal laws from possessing a firearm will still be prohibited, and can be prosecuted for doing so.

The Second Amendment has been debated for years, and time after time, the U.S. Supreme Court upholds that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

We are proud that Republican leadership in Indiana means that your Constitutional rights are protected. If you’re proud too, please consider making a donation today so that we can continue to support candidates and causes that put your freedoms and liberties FIRST.

Thanks for your continued support!

Today from the Holcomb Crew:

KellyinAvon ,

Eric has been BUSY in 2022 so far, signing a number of pro-Hoosier bills that give our citizens more freedom over their lives.

Today, we’re excited to let you know that he has signed HEA 1296, which officially grants Hoosiers the right to carry a handgun without a permit.

Here’s what Governor Holcomb said about signing HEA 1296:

“The Second Amendment has been debated for years, yet time and again our U.S. Supreme Court has reaffirmed this important constitutional right that I fully support. Twenty-three other states have laws comparable to HEA 1296. Vermont has had a constitutional carry law in place since it became a state, and several other states have had a similar law for more than a decade. HEA 1296, which I've signed today, entrusts Hoosiers who can lawfully carry a handgun to responsibly do so within our State.

It’s important to note that if a person is prohibited, under federal or state laws, from possessing a firearm before this law goes into effect, that person will still be prohibited. And if a prohibited person has a firearm, he or she can be prosecuted. Firearm permits will remain available, without fee, to anyone who wants or needs one, such as Hoosiers desiring to carry a firearm to, through or in another state that has reciprocity with Indiana.” – Governor Eric J. Holcomb

KellyinAvon , Governor Holcomb is proud to make Indiana the 24th state in America to pass permit-less carry into law.

As always, Eric will continue his work to make Indiana the BEST state in America, and he’s so happy to have your support along the way.

Sincerely,
    Holcomb Crew
    Just remember he likely wants to be senator for his next seat at the trough

Don't let people forget who he really was. Force the MF too get a real job in '24

Bench the RINOs

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Today, we’re excited to let you know that he has signed HEA 1296, which officially grants Hoosiers the right to carry a handgun without a permit.

NO IT DOES NOT! HEA 1296 removes the requirement from government that infringed on our rights. Our rights come to us from our Creator, not from government. Do not let the language be used to confuse and deceive you.

INGO a week ago: "Eff Holcomb! He's a spineless weenie. I won't vote for him for him dog catcher if he doesn't sign the CC bill."

Holcomb signs CC bill.

INGO immediately after: "Eff Holcomb! He's a spineless weenie. I won't vote for him for him dog catcher despite him signing the CC bill."

Never change fellas.

We are as a group, consistent in our beliefs. To do otherwise would be holding our fingers up to the political winds to see what we believe today.

The fact that Holcomb signed the bill into law rather than actively vetoing it is a good thing. He did *A* good thing correctly. That's like saying that the child molester makes good cookies, so you should let him babysit your children.

He was under pressure. If he had vetoed then all other states in the region besides us and Illinois would have some form of permit-less carry.

I am not happy long guns still have to unloaded and cased while in vehicles... that should have been struck too.

Green is "Constitutional"... Michigan and Wisconsin are license/permit-free for open carry.
    View attachment 190576

What you read was IC 14-16-1-23, which is DNR rules, specifically the use of off-road vehicles on DNR land. It does have that restriction for those vehicles on that land, but not for long guns or handguns, elsewhere, which is to say you can still have your "truck gun"

I am not a lawyer. I don't play one on TV. This is not legal advice. For legal advice, seek out a licensed attorney in the area where you live. I do know how to read and how to look at the state statutes, which I invite others to do also, but for interpretation that is binding, really, you should talk to a lawyer whom you are paying for his/her time. (or any of our INGO members who are licensed attorneys who give their advice without charge.)

Blessings,
    Bill

ETA: For those saying F Holcomb.... No. Not even with your d**k.

That is all.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009

Holcomb signs CC bill.

Never change fellas.
    They voted to re-elect him despite all the Branch Covidian fascism, flailing their hands and wailing, "Better the devil we know than some Libertarian who might defund the police and legalize pot!"

Neither of which was discussed.

Both of which would have to go through the legislature.

So they'll vote for him whatever office he runs for, just because he's not quite as bad as a Demorrhoid, and better than those scary libertarians who want a smaller government.

I was actually amazed the legislature had the guts to choke down the executive emergency power.

Republican politicians excel at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, being terrified of offending those poor liberals who won't vote for them anyway.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    I'll take either of the incumbents over him.
    At least the incumbents are somewhat 2a supporters (Braun more so than young). Both of them signed on to the recent letter to the ATF regarding all the shenanigans of late (Braun was on the initial letter, Young had to be bullied into signing on).

Honestly, i was surprised holcomb even signed the CC bill. I figured he'd just sit on it and let it become law so he could say he helped it become law or that he didn't sign it, whichever is more expedient at the time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For Governor, at least. BUt if he runs for Senate - primary him!
    Neither of our current Senators are really old, so either he would be trying to primary one of them or he would have to find a way to get one to step down. Looks like Braun would be the first one he could run against in '24. Braun will get my vote long in that matchup.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Neither of our current Senators are really old, so either he would be trying to primary one of them or he would have to find a way to get one to step down. Looks like Braun would be the first one he could run against in '24. Braun will get my vote long in that matchup.
    Sometimes the Party GOBs will pressure an incumbent to step down so a "favorite son" gets a clear path to the nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in '24 with Braun to clear the way for HOLCOMB.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sometimes the Party GOBs will pressure an incumbent to step down so a "favorite son" gets a clear path to the nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened in '24 with Braun to clear the way for HOLCOMB.
    Well, I hope in that scenario he would tell them to FATWO.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I suspect just this, and have written Braun asking him to run again (that's a first for me) and cautioning him I WILL NOT vote for Holcomb. I also wrote the Indiana State Republican Party and made it clear I will not vote for Holcomb for ANY future office, especially under the Republican party banner.

Spend a few minutes and let them know how you feel.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    I suspect just this, and have written Braun asking him to run again (that's a first for me) and cautioning him I WILL NOT vote for Holcomb. I also wrote the Indiana State Republican Party and made it clear I will not vote for Holcomb for ANY future office, especially under the Republican party banner.

I'll have to do that. The fact that Holcomb wasn't at the statehouse to accept the bill and sign it on the spot is enough for me. The fact that he let it sit on his desk for 5 days mulling it over is a travesty. Like I said, I'm actually shocked he signed it at all; I honestly thought he'd just let it ride for 7 days so he could distance himself from it if it was politically expedient to do so.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County

Great idea.

Top Bottom