• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've got 250 rounds of Winchester M-22 ammo for the next 4 people who sign up for this event. That's a full day's worth of ammo on me. What are you waiting for?

PM me after you sign up and we'll make arrangements (or I'll just bring it to the event).

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    OK, a friend of mine just pre-registered (Cary, cough up that ammo!). She has a bolt-action .22... not sure if she should borrow a semi-auto. I'll let you all know if she needs one if anyone could help. She might even bring her Mom (yep, to shoot!). I have another friend who'll probably come to a shoot, too... just not sure which one is best for her yet.

Come on, guys, let's stack that line!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    If she is comfortable with a bolt action then there is no need for a semi auto. I have shot in the high 230's with a bolt action. Just make each shot count and she will be just fine.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The gun is new; I don't think she's shot it yet. There's time to sort it out, though. She found out she has to work this Saturday and will be attending Crawfordsville, instead.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Update: Only the Event Director has access to the information entered when signing up for a Revere's Riders event on Picatic. The Event Director will let me know who get the ammo the day of the event.

That having been said, Picatic shows one signed up so far and I know this person is going to Crawfordsville instead. This means all 1,000 rounds are still waiting to be claimed. Right now it's in two 500-round boxes. Sign up with a friend or family member so I don't have to split each box in half. I don't need any more practice using the counting scale at our shop!

Seriously though, this event will afford participants a great Instructor-to-student ratio and lots of personal instruction. No better value anywhere than a full weekend of this kind of $30 for kids or $60 for adults.

Plus, the extended forecast looks great so far.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    Done! Got me and my 13 y/o son signed up. We will only be able to do Saturday, though. We did the seed shoot there last spring, so looking to improve from last year. Wanted to get one more session in also, so then we could maybe try and do a KD shoot next year. It sounds cool and challenging, and would be great practice for opening to door to be able to do some hunting out west in the future.

It is an 8:00 start time on Saturday? See you then.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Registration usually from 08:15-08:45 with a 09:00 start. See you there!

And that's 500 rounds for you, enough for both of you to last all day.

Chaplain45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Noblesville
    Just signed up. This will be my first event, even though I am no spring chicken. It most likely looks like Saturday only. I could bring my AR or my Ruger 10/22. Suggestions? Are iron sights only required/suggested? I have shot each before but neither have 500 rounds through them.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bring both! You will most likely do the vast majority of your shooting with the 10/22. Scope, red dot, or iron sights, your choice. These are "run what ya brung" events as long as the rifle is safe. See you there!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The weather is going to be terrific for this event with highs in the mid to upper 60s to lower 70s and no rain in sight. If you're thinking of attending you won't find a better weekend. tbhausen and I have a couple of spare rifles (Marlin 795s with slings and Tech-Sights and two magazines) ready to go if anyone needs one.

If you're short on ammo we will have that, too at reasonable (our) cost.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yes, we borrowed and sighted-in four rifles yesterday (thanks! you know who you are). Two, and possibly three, are still available. The Rugers both have stocks for fitting to adult or youth shooters. If you need to borrow rifle(s), let us know how to set them up. The Rugers have Vortex scopes and the Marlins have Tech Sights.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Just touched-up the two Marlins at Marion County Fish and Game. Could there possibly be a better setup than these lighted bays, open until 10 PM on Thursdays when they're shooting Trap on the main range?

IMG_20151008_37998.jpg

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I think I am going to make it and bring my two grandsons. At least both have said yes so far but teenagers are very unpredictable!
    Looks like a really nice weekend. Not sure about Sunday attendance though.

Matt

Top Bottom