• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Indianapolis
    What's the best way to voice/show support of the bill?
    I looked up my local/state reps. (Link to find rep) which mine happen to be Aaron Freeman and Mike Speedy. I then emailed them the following letter I composed.
    "As a responsible firearm owner and constituent, I ask you to please support House Bill 1369. This bill restores the true meaning of what it means to exercise our right to keep and bear arms, as stated in the second amendment, freely, and without asking for permission first, as well as expanding the rights and freedoms of all honest liberty-loving Hoosiers. Constitutional Carry as this bill represents, simply means that if a person can lawfully own a gun, they can also carry it concealed without getting a license. This is already the law in 16 states, including three in the “liberal” northeast. Therefore, I once again urge you as my representative, to stand behind and support HB 1369. Thank you for your time and consideration."

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I looked up my local/state reps. (Link to find rep) which mine happen to be Aaron Freeman and Mike Speedy. I then emailed them the following letter I composed.
    "As a responsible firearm owner and constituent, I ask you to please support House Bill 1369. This bill restores the true meaning of what it means to exercise our right to keep and bear arms, as stated in the second amendment, freely, and without asking for permission first, as well as expanding the rights and freedoms of all honest liberty-loving Hoosiers. Constitutional Carry as this bill represents, simply means that if a person can lawfully own a gun, they can also carry it concealed without getting a license. This is already the law in 16 states, including three in the “liberal” northeast. Therefore, I once again urge you as my representative, to stand behind and support HB 1369. Thank you for your time and consideration."
    Thanks for the link and template to base off of.

IIRC this is the same one Relford is stumping for? He said there was one that had flaws and one that had solid support...

hamiltonrrwatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    N.W. IN
    Thank you for taking time to compose that letter. I just emailed a slightly modified version to our local/State Reps.

hamiltonrrwatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    N.W. IN
    After emailing the above template to our Rep, here was his reply:

Dear

Thank you for reaching out to me. I understand your concern with protecting the Second Amendment, and I assure you that I fully support our constitutional rights. I have held town halls where the majority of constituents who have attended do not support constitutional carry and believe that the current system provides for responsible gun-ownership, preventing those who shouldn’t own a firearm from obtaining one.

Thank you for staying involved in the political process. If I can ever be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again at 317-234-9447 or h11@iga.in.gov.

Sincerely,

Mike Aylesworth
    State Representative
    House District 11

...our response?

Representative Aylesworth,

I’m not sure where these “Town Halls” you’re referencing are held, but most Hoosiers I, and my wife speak with, support Constitutional Carry. Certainly you’re free to choose, as are we.

That said, if your opponent in the next election supports Constitutional Carry, you can be certain we’ll support them.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    well written, I hope you don't mind my adopting your letter to send to my rep. I also, on behalf on my dad (with his permission) sent one to his rep as well.
    Thank you

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    I contacted my representative (Jack Jordan) some time ago about that. Received a response January 14th. It was short and to the point. Paraphrasing here, but he said if 1369 came up, he plans to support it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    After emailing the above template to our Rep, here was his reply:

...our response?
    I would challenge Aylesworth on this: "preventing those who shouldn’t own a firearm from obtaining one". Please ask him to name just one person who shouldn't own a firearm who was prevented from obtaining one, due to Indiana's LTCH requirement.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    E-mails sent to Representative Schaibley, and Senator Ford. I have some hope Representative Schaibley will support the Bill. Senator Ford on the other hand is a true Communist Party adherent who is as anti-gun as they come. I seriously doubt he will provide any support.

hamiltonrrwatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    N.W. IN
    I would challenge Aylesworth on this: "preventing those who shouldn’t own a firearm from obtaining one". Please ask him to name just one person who shouldn't own a firearm who was prevented from obtaining one, due to Indiana's LTCH requirement.
    Funny you should mention; we did indeed ask him that very question at a recent public gathering.

tenor.gif

Further, I asked if he had ANY credible stats from these "Town Hall Meetings" he referenced. You know, things like names, phone numbers, emails, actual constituents.....

See above for that response.

Aylesworth is yet-another RINO hack pulling meaningless stats out of his ass to bolster imaginary issues.
    My wife and I enjoy publicly rubbing these folks noses in their own BS.

Top Bottom