• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Just emailed my House and Senate reps. Also, emailed Sheriff Quakenbush from Hamilton County to thank him for his support. He did a great interview over the weekend with Guy and testified last week in support of HB1369.
    That's good to hear about Quakenbush. I haven't been too sure about him. He seems like more of a squishy administrative type guy. I'm very happy to see him supporting this bill.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Same question about Sheriff Burkhart in Hancock County.
    I don't do social media and there's so much information there to be had..............both accurate and not so accurate.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have 3-5 minutes on why the forward assist on the AR-15 is wrong. Yeah, I can do 5 minutes on Pinner.

The question is if I do 5 minutes on Pinner, which judge will drag me into a bathroom.
    Have you considered a disguise? Get some hillbilly teeth and tell everyone you’re from Crawford County.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HB 1369 passed out of the Ways and Means committee today! Off to the House Floor!! It's 4 pages longer than it was so I gotta see what changed... I know there were some corrections needed and the funding aspects are important to get right.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What percent chance you give it of passing thru this year @KellyinAvon ?
    I'm feeling positive but we've been disappointed too many times. If we can muster even more Pro-2A forces when it's on the Senate-side I'll be more positive.

I know there was no %% thee, trying not to jinx it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm feeling positive but we've been disappointed too many times. If we can muster even more Pro-2A forces when it's on the Senate-side I'll be more positive.

I know there was no %% thee, trying not to jinx it.
    Hopefully this is the year. I'll keep writing, emailing and calling. Thanks so much for going in person and standing up for those that can't be there! It is appreciated!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I have 3-5 minutes on why the forward assist on the AR-15 is wrong. Yeah, I can do 5 minutes on Pinner.

The question is if I do 5 minutes on Pinner, which judge will drag me into a bathroom.
    But... can you do 3-5 minutes on the efficacy of the "shoulder thing that goes up" and how that makes firearms so deadly... or scary... or...

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    When writing to your representative, I think that it is critically important to remind them that as a citizen of the United States, the right to keep and bear arms is recognized by the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights. But, probably more important when writing to any state legislator, we MUST also remind them that the Indiana Constitution is even more direct in recognizing the individual's right to "bear" arms, and it does not confuse this right with language about a militia.

Our 2nd Amendment, dating back to the 1789 ratification of the United States Constitution provides: “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” The Indiana Constitution, adopted in 1851, states in Article I, Section 32 that, “The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.”

In both cases, there is no mention that an individual must ask and pay for a permission slip to exercise a right that was bestowed on them at birth.

Last edited:

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    That's good to hear about Quakenbush. I haven't been too sure about him. He seems like more of a squishy administrative type guy. I'm very happy to see him supporting this bill.
    He responded back to me within a couple of hours with a personal email. Wasn't sure either but I like what I'm seeing.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Joanna King, my first term House Rep is for the bill. She seems very responsive. Most of them, other than Wes Culver, have been good at responding, that I have had as my rep.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'll have to look into this further, thank you for your clarifications

From "The Gun Guy" podcast (Guy Relford) I just listened to...
    This being a budget year, a line was put in the budget for local dept. training.
    This removes that as an opposition.
    Also means, that money will be sourced by ALL Indiana taxpayers, and not be solely burdened by law abiding gun owners.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This being a budget year, a line was put in the budget for local dept. training.
    Also means, that money will be sourced by ALL Indiana taxpayers, and not be solely burdened by law abiding gun owners.
    So another tax to offset the one I already paid when I bought my lifetime permission slip.

Not dissing you act.

Proverbs 30:15 The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough: 30:16 The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

Shared via Bible KJV http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyc.ace.kjv

Horseleach is another name foe a poly tick.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So another tax to offset the one I already paid when I bought my lifetime permission slip.

Not dissing you act.

Proverbs 30:15 The horseleach hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough: 30:16 The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

Shared via Bible KJV http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyc.ace.kjv

Horseleach is another name foe a poly tick.

They are not raising your taxes.
    They are using the already established tax to pay this.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    At the Summer Study in 2017 it took me about 5 seconds to realize LEO's opposition was about the money. I can't blame them, everything is about the money.

Just finished the podcast huh Act. You probably heard that random dude from Hendricks County... who despite what you've read on INGO does not call in every week. ;)

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At the Summer Study in 2017 it took me about 5 seconds to realize LEO's opposition was about the money. I can't blame them, everything is about the money.

Just finished the podcast huh Act. You probably heard that random dude from Hendricks County... who despite what you've read on INGO does not call in every week. ;)

I'm always behind.
    I download, then I forget.
    Then I'll listen to/from work a couple episodes.

Top Bottom