• chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Two points on this:

A) It was never truly Constitutional Carry, as there were still rules in place. True Constitutional Carry would be total repeal of all LTCH rules and laws. It was never a good bill to begin with, but at least it was a step in the right direction.

B) Relford, Bray, Smaltz, Brown, NAGR and HGR are all pointing fingers at each other for it's failure. It is ultimately a failure of the Senate Republicans to pass it and they are acting like the weak Progressives they are.
    Total repeal of any and all provision for a license is sub-optimal for those of us who actually spend time outside of the state. Unless/until there is federal, interstate constitutional carry, having the availability of a license for reciprocity purposes is required.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I got a response from Mr. Perfect

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for reaching out about HB 1369. Should this bill reach the full Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind. Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to reach out with any further comments or concerns.

Sincerely,

Chip Perfect
    State Senator
    Indiana State Senate

Very generic response.....

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I got a response from Mr. Perfect

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for reaching out about HB 1369. Should this bill reach the full Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind. Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to reach out with any further comments or concerns.

Sincerely,

Chip Perfect
    State Senator
    Indiana State Senate

Very generic response.....
    At least you know his email works, even if it is the autoresponder.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Good for them! They apparently have elected legislators in their state that listen to them.

Heard South Carolina just passed CC in their house. Hope they move it along as well.

The list of states to possibly relocate/retire to, is growing

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    This alone should be enough to make this bill popular with everyone. Of course, it doesn’t work that way…

“The bill will remove misdemeanor offenses for most people who carry a handgun without a permit while also increasing punishments for other gun crimes such as increasing a theft of a firearm from a misdemeanor to a felony.”

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I am not sure. Assuming maybe Google Pay? :dunno: I paid thru PayPal
    I got it figured out. They take credit cards as well so I became a member of the 2a project and according to the website they make money from the T-shirts they sell and put the proceeds towards fighting for Hoosier's gun rights. So I grabbed a T-shirt as well. Hopefully my tiny contribution helps some.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This alone should be enough to make this bill popular with everyone. Of course, it doesn’t work that way…

“The bill will remove misdemeanor offenses for most people who carry a handgun without a permit while also increasing punishments for other gun crimes such as increasing a theft of a firearm from a misdemeanor to a felony.”
    What good does it do to create more felonies for actually felonious crimes, when prosecutors, if they even bother to pursue those crimes, more often than not will plea the felony down anyway. After all, it's just too hard to prosecute violent criminals for their violent crimes.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Total repeal of any and all provision for a license is sub-optimal for those of us who actually spend time outside of the state. Unless/until there is federal, interstate constitutional carry, having the availability of a license for reciprocity purposes is required.
    With constitutional carry you would still have the option of getting the lifetime permit to cover the reciprocity issue, but no sir, we do not need the permit system in Indiana. And because states have the right to set their own laws, there`s no expectation of a federal reciprocity bill.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    With constitutional carry you would still have the option of getting the lifetime permit to cover the reciprocity issue, but no sir, we do not need the permit system in Indiana. And because states have the right to set their own laws, there`s no expectation of a federal reciprocity bill.
    This leaves me with a question: If the rights enumerated in the Constitution are natural rights, then how can the argument be made that the 2A effectively does not apply to the states?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    This leaves me with a question: If the rights enumerated in the Constitution are natural rights, then how can the argument be made that the 2A effectively does not apply to the states?
    You know what? You are exactly correct, and I misspoke. In regards to the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, the U.S. Constitution trumps all. Thank you for correcting me on that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You know what? You are exactly correct, and I misspoke. In regards to the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, the U.S. Constitution trumps all. Thank you for correcting me on that.
    Regardless, I am happy we are on the same side!

Top Bottom