chipbennett

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 18, 2014
Avon
Two points on this:

A) It was never truly Constitutional Carry, as there were still rules in place. True Constitutional Carry would be total repeal of all LTCH rules and laws. It was never a good bill to begin with, but at least it was a step in the right direction.

B) Relford, Bray, Smaltz, Brown, NAGR and HGR are all pointing fingers at each other for it's failure. It is ultimately a failure of the Senate Republicans to pass it and they are acting like the weak Progressives they are.
Total repeal of any and all provision for a license is sub-optimal for those of us who actually spend time outside of the state. Unless/until there is federal, interstate constitutional carry, having the availability of a license for reciprocity purposes is required.

DadSmith

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oct 21, 2018
Ripley county
I got a response from Mr. Perfect

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for reaching out about HB 1369. Should this bill reach the full Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind. Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to reach out with any further comments or concerns.

Sincerely,

Chip Perfect
State Senator
Indiana State Senate

Very generic response.....

Jeepster48439

Expert
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Jan 12, 2012
Marion County
I got a response from Mr. Perfect

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for reaching out about HB 1369. Should this bill reach the full Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind. Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to reach out with any further comments or concerns.

Sincerely,

Chip Perfect
State Senator
Indiana State Senate

Very generic response.....
At least you know his email works, even if it is the autoresponder.

d.kaufman

Still Here
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Mar 9, 2013
Hobart

tbhausen

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Feb 12, 2010
NE Ohio
This alone should be enough to make this bill popular with everyone. Of course, it doesn’t work that way…

“The bill will remove misdemeanor offenses for most people who carry a handgun without a permit while also increasing punishments for other gun crimes such as increasing a theft of a firearm from a misdemeanor to a felony.”

DadSmith

Master
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oct 21, 2018
Ripley county
I am not sure. Assuming maybe Google Pay? :dunno: I paid thru PayPal
I got it figured out. They take credit cards as well so I became a member of the 2a project and according to the website they make money from the T-shirts they sell and put the proceeds towards fighting for Hoosier's gun rights. So I grabbed a T-shirt as well. Hopefully my tiny contribution helps some.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 18, 2014
Avon
This alone should be enough to make this bill popular with everyone. Of course, it doesn’t work that way…

“The bill will remove misdemeanor offenses for most people who carry a handgun without a permit while also increasing punishments for other gun crimes such as increasing a theft of a firearm from a misdemeanor to a felony.”
What good does it do to create more felonies for actually felonious crimes, when prosecutors, if they even bother to pursue those crimes, more often than not will plea the felony down anyway. After all, it's just too hard to prosecute violent criminals for their violent crimes.

Top Bottom