Havlin's / indygunsmith.com: Excellent service and a good man!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    After reaching out to four smiths in northern Hamilton County to fix a simple problem I had with my Beretta, I had zero call backs. It was admittedly not an exciting job, and the fee wasn't going to pay for anyone's boat slip on Geist, but I needed some help.

I started searching INGO for some leads and saw many positive comments about Havlin's Firearms Finishing, aka indygunsmith.com, so I filled out the contact form on his website. Not only did Brett get in touch with me the next day, he encouraged me to make an appointment to come to his shop so he could examine the pistol.

I drove down there this morning and showed him my problem. Brett fixed my pistol in no time, in a friendly and professional manner. Afterwards, I spent a few minutes in the shop just shooting the breeze with him and his friend Chris. Hell, if it wasn't past lunch time I might have stayed longer. :D

While I wish all the guys who did NOT call me back the best of luck as they engrave their customers' wives' birth dates, wedding anniversaries or Greek mottos onto their Razzmatazz-cerakoted (yeah, its a real color: Hex #E3256B ; RGB 227, 37, 107) forged tungsten lowers, I want to encourage you to give Brett a shot at your business the next time you have a problem with or want an upgrade to any of your firearms.

Personally, I will be happy to drive the extra mile and take my projects to Havlin's in the future. You should, too!

apache67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Tipton
    I've had Brett do work for me several times and he has always done great work at reasonable prices.
    And, like you said, he's fun to shoot the poop with too! :)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Eons ago, I had him cerakote an M&P pistol for me - as well as help press out a stubborn bit on another gun. (as I wasn't yet set up with the tools that I now have).

Easy peasy both times.

I make it a point to recommend him on almost every "gunsmith" thread I come across both here and on the INGuns subreddit.

He's good people. And if I lived closer, I'd probably take him out for a beer. Or a grape sodie-pop. Whichever.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a damn heirloom winchester get wet inside the case. Immediately sent it to him after a quick consultation and he made it as good as new.

Sent him my glock and had him port the slide and cerakote it. Also milled for a red dot venom. Lovely work and great turn around time.

Fun fact: I dont believe I've ever seen him in pants...

Top Bottom