• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Our well is a "bored" well 24" dia and 24 ft deep put in last March and our water is fine and plenty of it. We got a driller that has done quite a few wells in our area and he told us before he started just about how deep it would be and how deep to hit water. He was very close on both accounts with our area being known for a good water table.
    Talk to someone with experience in your area and they may be able to give a fair estimate of finding water. But it is pretty much impossible to be sure untill you have a very expensive hole in the ground. I went to school with a guy that bought property in the country and IIRC sunk 5 wells and never got a good reliable water supply. His next door neighbor had natural springs on his property and more water than he could use. No tapping into the neighbors water because they hated each other. Some friends just had a 250 ft hole put in the ground and got a trickle of salt water. Jim.
    I was going to have it installed in the backyard. But the truck is 12’ wide x 40’ long. The boom needs to be able to extend to 40’. I was going to install a wider car gate in my chain link that would fit the well truck. But the length of it and the boom has me thinking things won’t fit. So I’d have to put it in front yard on side of house.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I only have figured out posting one picture per post, the one above is dropping the dirt out of the bucket. This one is a shot of the rig.

1610995948457.png

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I was always on well and septic up until this past summer when they ran sanitary sewers and made everyone tie in to it. We still have well water though, as they didn't run city water lines. They don't seem to have any problem billing me for my sewage disposal. I am guessing the grinder pump they put in probably has some kind of metering function.

I love my well water and hope to never have to get city water.
    I live in Washington Township and only have a well, I like it.

But now I request fluoride treatments from the dentist since there’s none in the water.

my pump needed to be replaced a few years ago, I think I had C and J do it.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Here is the bucket going back down to get some more dirt. The bucket is about 36" in diameter. You can see what my yard looked like, brother it is a mess and these picts don't show the huge pile pile of dirt that came out of the hole.

1610996245234.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I live in Washington Township and only have a well, I like it.

But now I request fluoride treatments from the dentist since there’s none in the water.

my pump needed to be replaced a few years ago, I think I had C and J do it.
    C&J came out and replaced my pressure tank and re-did some of the piping and valves when I was having some issues last year. I was really happy with them.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    we hand drove one for my dad so he could use it for his sprinkler and pool
    the locals can usually tell you where the first water table is
    usually a certified well driller has to go to the second vein and that is where it can get expensive

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I’m close to the white river. I guess if worse came to worse, I could bike down there with a big water tank, fill it, then come back and filter it heavily.

Top Bottom