Have you received your tax refund promptly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Just about 2-1/2 months since we filed our taxes. Nothing yet from the Uncle. Know a few others waiting just as long. Trying to contact the IRS is a total waste of time. Anyone else experiencing the same??

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Still waiting I expect it is because I had collected a decent amount in the Federal unemployment benefits which I had taxes taken out of. I heard something about the feds saying that wasn't going to be taxed so with any luck that amount will be added into my refund.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Same. About 2-3 weeks for both state and fed, I also collected unemployment from the start of April through July. I had the taxes withheld from if though.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm still waiting on our 2019 tax return to be processed. I can't decide if I want to file my 2020 yet or wait until they process what they currently have.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I filed mine around april 13th. in less than a week I got all my letters saying we used this to pay this & we used this to pay this. I did get about 5% of my refund check.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The state has had ours for going on 3 weeks now & no word back. Haven't sent the Fed yet. Those MFers won't see a cent until the last minute.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I got a whole $500 back. What people still fail to realize Trumps tax overhaul took less out of your check than before giving you more money at home right away. Instead of .gov sitting on it for a year. That's why you don't have huge tac returns. The .gov didn't take as much as they use to. Now that Biden is in charge you probably already noticed your checks have less in them and maybe if you are lucky next tax season you might get some back because remember he said he was raising taxes and ran on that and won on that. Some here voted for higher taxes.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just about 2-1/2 months since we filed our taxes. Nothing yet from the Uncle. Know a few others waiting just as long. Trying to contact the IRS is a total waste of time. Anyone else experiencing the same??
    Did you file electronically or paper?

The IRS is swamped this year. COVID, pandemic payments, late changes to unemployment taxes, etc., etc.

Calling / emailing will never work, but there is some "Where's my refund" website that should work.

I just checked, I did get mine reasonable quick - April 6th, filed mid March.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm still waiting on our 2019 tax return to be processed. I can't decide if I want to file my 2020 yet or wait until they process what they currently have.

We just received our 2019 refund a couple weeks ago. It only took them 15 months.

I am thinking around Christmas for the 2020.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    eFiled Feb 17th, refund direct deposit March 1st state, March 3rd Fed.

I had unemployment income as well with withholding. Notified from TurboTax that I would get an additional refund for part of that automatically without filing an amended return sometime in the near future.

As others asked, did you eFile or paper return?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Electronic filed 5 weeks ago. State has not issued a refund, and the Feds have not taken their payment from my account. Tax guy said the government delayed tax day until the middle of May.

I did get a letter on Treasury dept stationary with biden's name about how he is going to help me with stimulus funds. Money I do not need, that I did not ask for, that I will be forced to return 10X over. Am I supposed to feel like crazy uncle joe sent me a Christmas gift?

IndyByteGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2019
    Indianapolis
    We had to file paper because the E-File wouldn’t go through for us.

Tax Return mailed on 02/21/2021 and just showing as received (finally) as of 04/27/2021.

Top Bottom