Have any of you started stocking up on stuff for the up comming election?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    The reason I asked I have plans to build a 6.5 Grendel and a long barrelled 5.56 light weight to shoot the 77 gr bullets.

In looking for parts it was unreal how much stuff is out of stock. Anderson Rifles is out of everything that I was looking for. They didn't have any uppers or the adjustable gas block they make. They always have uppers. Any way I found a lot of things out of stock as I looked for the parts I wanted. The barrel for the 6.5 hasn't shown up yet and I ordered it two weeks ago. My order from Brownells is two weeks old and hasn't come in yet. I did get my triggers in and one hand guard from Midway along with the brass for the 6.5.

Is anyone having problems finding gun parts that should be in stock?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Inventories were crushed between Black Friday and Christmas. Combine this with the San Bernardino terrorist attack and fear over "Obama's gun control executive orders" and you have a small to moderate panic buying frenzy when sales are already high due to the holidays.

Another month or two and this should pass; it is almost a certainty that manufacturers are increasing orders and inventories going into the 2016 General election - there will be buying leading up to it and arguably, regardless of outcome, buying following it.

To answer the base question...no. After the Great Shortages of 2013 I decided I would never be without a reasonable supply of "stuff" again and have been steadily buying as availability and funds have allowed.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Inventories were crushed between Black Friday and Christmas. Combine this with the San Bernardino terrorist attack and fear over "Obama's gun control executive orders" and you have a small to moderate panic buying frenzy when sales are already high due to the holidays.

Another month or two and this should pass; it is almost a certainty that manufacturers are increasing orders and inventories going into the 2016 General election - there will be buying leading up to it and arguably, regardless of outcome, buying following it.

To answer the base question...no. After the Great Shortages of 2013 I decided I would never be without a reasonable supply of "stuff" again and have been steadily buying as availability and funds have allowed.
    This sums it up nicely.:yesway:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest

This is also my basic response with one difference. I began building inventory of ammo and reloading components after the ammunition shortages following the election of 2008. For me, this continues and inventory variety has expanded. 2013 should have been a learning experience for all.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    After the Great Shortages of 2013 I decided I would never be without a reasonable supply of "stuff" again and have been steadily buying as availability and funds have allowed.
    The Boiler is right about being right. For me it's been an ongoing process. I am always on the lookout for a good price on the stuff I stock - it's an ongoing process.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Its Tax Time! Those who choose to let the Government use their money and pay them No Intrest are getting big checks. Then they spend said money like Drunken Sailors! (No offence meant to the US Navy)

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I bought a box of .257 Roberts ammo last week during my panic buying spree. The store still had 5 boxes on the shelf. So I can still get more if I need it.

I'm not really sure why election day has any significance? If this country honestly elects a candidate I don't like, well then, so be it..
    That is part of being part of a democratic republic. I don't fret over it..

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm never going to have enough ammo or spare parts BUT I do buy when I run across what I MIGHT have to use in another panic.
    It's easier on my cheap azz when when the price is good but knowing some things can be difficult I go ahead and buy to stock up. At least for a minimum stock pile.
    I try to expand my stock rather than to replenish. I have never ran out of anything but I don't plan on running short EVER either.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    After the 2008 election and considering Obama's hatred of guns/ freedom, I started stocking when I can. Growing up in the country stocking was just everyday life and continues to this day. Today I have what I want in firearms and rarely check the classifieds anymore. When I started in 2008 UPS was bringing ammo on a regular basis and one day my son asked "Gee dad, are you preparing for war?" Today I replenish plus a little more. When I made a gun room I found some CCI 22's in long rifle with a price tag of $2.97 for 100. I guess I've always been a prepper to some degree. I always have extra stuff in my vehicles. One car has a NOAA radio station in it.

Top Bottom