• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nah. Just because one person says it a certain way, and then a bunch of people follow that, doesn't mean everyone has to. Dare to be an individual. Be free. Let the panties untwist. Or if you'd rather, unbunch. Or, maybe just start something totally new. Unfurl the panties.
    How do you bunch this?
    1624394686606.png

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    There are 12 Federal holidays now, 11 every year and 1 every four years (Presidential Inauguration Day). There has been a push by some to make the Monday after Super Bowl a federal holiday, and also Federal election day (2nd Tuesday in November).

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Food product is not the only area where quality of Chick-fil-A beats Popeyes.
    Chick Fil-A's sandwich is pretty good, but it might as well be a plain McChicken compared to Popeye's chicken sandwich. It's not even close, Popeye's chicken sandwich is on another level.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So what date would you prefer to mark the end of legalized slavery in the U.S.?
    December 18th. It should be the historical date it was enacted. I agree end of slavery should be celebrated as a national holiday. Remember it wasn't just one skin color that got freedom.

However there is still slavery in the United States it is illegal but it is still going on. I'd say most are transported out of the United States and then sold.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There are 12 Federal holidays now, 11 every year and 1 every four years (Presidential Inauguration Day). There has been a push by some to make the Monday after Super Bowl a federal holiday, and also Federal election day (2nd Tuesday in November).
    Inauguration Day is not a federal holiday. It's a holiday in DC (swamp holiday?) but not a federal holiday.

Monday after Super Bowl: We got to come in at Noon when I was in Iceland. Korea? Well that's a story for the "Military BS...Last Liar Wins" thread. Iceland is EST+5 and the ROK is EST+14. If you're in the CONUS? Get yer sorry arse out of bed and go to work like me.

Election Day: No. The Indiana State employees get it (and Primary too), but no.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I wondered about that when I pulled up the holidays for 2021 from the OPM's website. I was like, "Huh? I don't remember getting that day off!"
    DC gets off other days too. "Cherry blossoms are blooming" Day maybe? That's the entire swamp, not just .gov ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DC gets off other days too. "Cherry blossoms are blooming" Day maybe? That's the entire swamp, not just .gov ;)
    Our Cleveland location got the day off when the Cavs won the NBA championship in 2016. :rolleyes: But I think they did that because they were on the route for the parade that the city held for the team, so they couldn't open the facility.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Our Cleveland location got the day off when the Cavs won the NBA championship in 2016. :rolleyes: But I think they did that because they were on the route for the parade that the city held for the team, so they couldn't open the facility.
    Our office in downtown Chicago was closed a couple of times due to marches or parades. We were in the office once when one took place. It took me an hour to find a way out of the parking garage I was parked in. I was very happy they decided to just close after that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Chick Fil-A's sandwich is pretty good, but it might as well be a plain McChicken compared to Popeye's chicken sandwich. It's not even close, Popeye's chicken sandwich is on another level.
    Another level of hell!!

Sorry, just doing my due diligence as a Baptist. :laugh:

I actually haven't tried Popeye's, but I love their chicken.

Top Bottom