Hobart

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

The 1301 did just fine

Price does not matter , the Mossberg 88 did just fine as well. Sub $1000 pump gun , $1000+ now there are options for actually reliable semi auto shotguns that will be good enough for HD IMHO. I don't care what other people have or judge them for it. I also don't particularly care for Turkey as a country so I avoid giving them cash when I can.
    I didn't know that you were supposed to buy one and never touch a thing, beat it to crap and expect it to go forever. A press fit roll pin moved? Obviously a more expensive Italian or Portuguese roll pin would never move?

You do know Browning used roll pins, don't you? I have had to work on those.

I guess you see some logic to this video, what I see is 'buy a cheaper gun (or any gun) and treat it like crap and you have crap'. What an epiphany! So much for storing my guns in a strong saline solution, guess I will have to switch to hydrochloric acid and then whine when some cheap add on falls off.

Anyone who uses a mallet on a bolt release... here is a thought, possibly the reason the bolt release was 'stiff' was because the roll pin wasn't properly placed. Yes, I know, damn Turks.

I had a guy buy an $1800 O/U from a big name company several years ago, the fore stock would not close. We called the manufacturer and they said, "hit it with a rubber mallet." The owner freaked and said, "No way am I hitting an $1800 gun with a hammer!" The manufacturer said, "OK, send it back to us and we will hit it with a hammer." More money does not always mean you 'get what you pay for' to the good than spending less means to the bad.

To tell you how stupid I am, if I get a gun (new or used) I check it for function. If I found the bolt release to be sticking I would see if it is a mechanical issue or a flaw in the design. The 'semicircular motion' he describes early on was probably the button pivoting around on the distal end of a miss-aligned/unseated roll pin. A 15 second fix. But then again my purpose isn't to try and destroy the gun but simply use it. If anyone thinks an expensive gun makes it an idiot proof gun, you are welcome to your opinion and good luck...

The 1301 did just fine

Price does not matter , the Mossberg 88 did just fine as well. Sub $1000 pump gun , $1000+ now there are options for actually reliable semi auto shotguns that will be good enough for HD IMHO. I don't care what other people have or judge them for it. I also don't particularly care for Turkey as a country so I avoid giving them cash when I can.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010

The 1301 did just fine

The 1301 did just fine

Thanks for the Maverick 88 video link; it was a great video. Bought my first 88 over 20 years ago and will never let it go!

Top Bottom