• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    .....bought one these Tisas 1911's for our pre WW1 shoots. Haven't handled one of these for close to 40 years. Had to take it apart and reassemble it a few times to get comfortable with it. Not as easy with old arthritic hands, lol! It's a cheap pistol but for something I will use once or twice a year. It'll do. Unless anyone besides our group in the Indy-Bloomington-Columbus area does military shoots?
    My nephew bought one of these. He likes his. So far with 230gr ball it's been reliable.

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    My nephew bought one of these. He likes his. So far with 230gr ball it's been reliable.
    .....for our club range we have to use lead bullets. So, waiting on bullets, brass, reloader dies, repop pre WW1 holster and mag pouch. The standard mags that come with these have much stiffer springs than I remember with the old GI mags? Everything I've read regarding reviews of these pistols have been positive.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    orzIiyQ.jpg

New Wilson Combat Grip Module, I am really liking it. The subtle change of the grip is really nice, it's a "straighter grip" now with a subtle palm swell that fixes my complaint about the original P365 grip being almost "too thin".

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I decided I wanted a copy of my first sidearm whilst in the military. I looked at SDS but bought this Tisas. Forged frame, slide and barrel. Machined after hardened. No stinking full length guide rod. Little bitty sights. Old style hammer. Arched main spring housing w/ lanyard loop. Nice reproduction for less than $400.00 out the door at RK.
    I will probably degrease everything and Cerakote it an o.d. green over the Parkerizing to simulate the tinge those tended to take from absorbing mil-spec old school oil.
    I did wipe all the original lubricant off using blue shop rags and used Hot Shot's nano oil. Of course I cleaned the barrel with Butch's Bore Shine then polished the feedramp / frame using 30 micron paste. I didn't bother to print it on paper as this was just an informal plinking session on AR500 steel to check point of impact v.s. point of aim. The Remington 230grs smacked right where I wanted them. I'm happy with my Turkish made pistola. If you want a decent old school 1911, I recommend this badboy!
    20220819_124114.jpg

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    I decided I wanted a copy of my first sidearm whilst in the military. I looked at SDS but bought this Tisas. Forged frame, slide and barrel. Machined after hardened. No stinking full length guide rod. Little bitty sights. Old style hammer. Arched main spring housing w/ lanyard loop. Nice reproduction for less than $400.00 out the door at RK.
    I will probably degrease everything and Cerakote it an o.d. green over the Parkerizing to simulate the tinge those tended to take from absorbing mil-spec old school oil.
    I did wipe all the original lubricant off using blue shop rags and used Hot Shot's nano oil. Of course I cleaned the barrel with Butch's Bore Shine then polished the feedramp / frame using 30 micron paste. I didn't bother to print it on paper as this was just an informal plinking session on AR500 steel to check point of impact v.s. point of aim. The Remington 230grs smacked right where I wanted them. I'm happy with my Turkish made pistola. If you want a decent old school 1911, I recommend this badboy!
    View attachment 220249
    .....buddy of mine had a spare set of wooden grips. I acquired them and after putting them on mine. They make this weapon look a ton nicer!

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    My latest project: P320 Franken-Gucci
    P320 AXG Grip, Sig Pro-Cut slide, Sig Full size threaded barrel, Armory Craft adjustable trigger, Armory Craft magwell, Armory Craft guide rod & springs, Gas Pedal, Sig Legion mags and a big shout out to Allen at Diamond Collision for the excellent Cerekote work.
    The comp is back-ordered and the optic is TBD.

Attachments

• 20220829_142236~2.jpg
      20220829_142236~2.jpg
      324.3 KB · Views: 12
    • 20220829_142256~2.jpg
      20220829_142256~2.jpg
      325.6 KB · Views: 12
    • 20220829_154440~2.jpg
      20220829_154440~2.jpg
      217.3 KB · Views: 12

Lodge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2016
    Johnson Co.
    My latest project: P320 Franken-Gucci
    P320 AXG Grip, Sig Pro-Cut slide, Sig Full size threaded barrel, Armory Craft adjustable trigger, Armory Craft magwell, Armory Craft guide rod & springs, Gas Pedal, Sig Legion mags and a big shout out to Allen at Diamond Collision for the excellent Cerekote work.
    The comp is back-ordered and the optic is TBD.
    How do you like the Armory Craft trigger? I carry a P320 and have been thinking about changing out the trigger for something nicer. Been considering the Gas Pedal also. Does it still allow the gun to fit your holster? 20200107_2849-2.jpg

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    How do you like the Armory Craft trigger? I carry a P320 and have been thinking about changing out the trigger for something nicer. Been considering the Gas Pedal also. Does it still allow the gun to fit your holster? View attachment 224331
    While the AC trigger is fully adjustable don't expect miracles. It is really designed for more of a competition setup...not sure I would put it in my EDC.

(Keep in mind that I do not yet have a holster for this weapon.)
    As for the Gas Pedal, it is much bigger (wider) than the stock slide release. Odds are high that you will have draw issues on a standard holster. IOW, you will probably have to use a heat gun on the kydex and stretch the line where the gas pedal makes contact.
    I think there may even be a YouTube video that discusses this?

Top Bottom