• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HappyHunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2022
    North West Indiana
    S&W 52 done up for Bullseye. chopped hammer, frame tapped in multiple spots for diffrent mounts over the years, no rear sight, Herret grips. It';s a work horse not a beuty queen.

DSCN1459.jpg

HappyHunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2022
    North West Indiana
    S&W 52 done up for Bullseye. chopped hammer, frame tapped in multiple spots for diffrent mounts over the years, no rear sight, Herret grips. It';s a work horse not a beuty queen.

DSCN1459.jpg

DSCN1459.jpg
    Really appreciate a treasure, like a 52 being made into the tool it is…they are made to shoot!

I have a 52 no dash, dash one and dash two. They are treasures.

Fred

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    The G43X MOS frame came in from Black Pheonix Customs. Now I have this tricked out G43X MOS and a mostly stock G43X. They are quickly becoming my favorite carry guns. View attachment 324520
    Care to share your thoughts / experiences on using that mini comp?

I’ve used ported pistols in the past and became frustrated with them. Putting a comp on a threaded barrel seems to make more sense in my mind.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Care to share your thoughts / experiences on using that mini comp?

I’ve used ported pistols in the past and became frustrated with them. Putting a comp on a threaded barrel seems to make more sense in my mind.
    When I first got it I went to the range and shot over 150 rounds of PMC 115 gr. ball, 124 + p HST, Hornady 124 +p XTP & standard 147 HST. No issues at all through either my G43 or 43X. The comp works better on the 43, but will probably live on the 43X so it will break in to that slide. The comp really takes the zip out of the +P rounds and makes the already low recoiling PMC ammo very soft to shoot. It adds just shy of 3/4" to the length of the gun and is basically a thread protector with slots in the end. Accuracy was very good with all ammo I tested. The biggest drawback is that the slots go all the way around so gas residue gets all over the WML lens.

Last edited:

ironpoorer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2024
    Wisconsin
    Me too, still have it and it still goes bang!
    Thanks. Everything I've read, from the company/product history to owner reviews at sale sites and the often dubious YouTube reviews were very favorable. I also own a Tarus G2C which has performed flawlessly for over 2,000 rounds (zero FTL, FTF, FTE) and know that despite their undeserved reputation as "Poverty Ponies"...Taurus makes a very good product.
    Will post a report on both.

KeeperoftheH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    Recently picked up two handguns. First was a Shadow Systems MR920 Foundation, and it really impressed me, despite not being a Glock guy (don't hate 'em, they just usually don't fit my hand). The exchangeable back straps make all the difference!

Then, I got a bucket list (for me) gun: a Ruger SP101. They aren't especially rare or anything, but they can be a bit pricey, and finally finding one for a good deal made my month!

Attachments

• 1000005065.jpg
      1000005065.jpg
      422.9 KB · Views: 7
    • c3yxtkgmaabc1.png
      c3yxtkgmaabc1.png
      2.4 MB · Views: 7
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom